JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent To Executive Produce LL Cool J's Next Album

bigted

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you meant LL shouldn't work with many young dawgs on the mainstream, well yeah I could see that point in being that there ain't really any young artist currently with the talent to be on LL's level but like I said earlier he could be like a mentor to them, show them the way to becoming better artists, be like a big brother to them, working with LL could bring the best out of 50, being in the studio watching LL making an album could be a big lesson for him to step his game up, the rap game needs leadership to improve, since LL's the most popular rapper from the original era of the game then it's up to him..

Edited by bigted

Guest Da Triptic

then i guess i havent see sayin dat is basically insulting there opinion and that makes people feel bad sometimes.

i shouldnt have said dat

So then is LL an idiot and a person who doesn't know hip hop for wanting to work with him? LL Cool J wants to work with 50. LL cool J asked 50. Even if 50 asked LL, he still agreed.

That's exactly what a lot of us are mad about. He can do whatever he wants, but we can still question it. I know I'd be mad at Will for doing the same thing.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

yeah im upset about it just as much as you lot, but im just lookin forward to hopefully some new material, from just LL, and i hope theres not to much 50 on it cause i cant stand the guy. But if LL says it will help him go back to his roots a little bit, im hoping for a more mama said knock you out type/feel album as hes already done a lot of soft stuff with Todd Smith

so im hoping its not bad, and hey at least us LL fans get new material really soon, hell i wasnt expecting anything for another 2 years or somethin

• Admin

So then is LL an idiot and a person who doesn't know hip hop for wanting to work with him? LL Cool J wants to work with 50. LL cool J asked 50. Even if 50 asked LL, he still agreed.

Sounds like Def Jams idea more than LL's.. I would say its a poor decision by LL to go along with it..he doesnt need to ask some1 who has released 3 albums..and is an artist..not a producer..to exec produce LL when LL has released 12 albums over 21 years..

Sounds like Def Jams idea more than LL's.. I would say its a poor decision by LL to go along with it..he doesnt need to ask some1 who has released 3 albums..and is an artist..not a producer..to exec produce LL when LL has released 12 albums over 21 years..

i would rather have Marley Marl do it..........

Yeah the thing is most 50 Cent fans probably look at LL as a corny and soft ol' school rapper and most LL fans probably look at 50 Cent as an immature rapper, I don't think many fans'll be actually anticipating this, Def Jam's marketing team must be pretty stupid to let this idea come out like this, Marley Marl, Cut Creator,and Rick Rubin would be the perfect way for LL to go back to his ol' school roots, I'd imagine that there'll be some rappers that might be dissing LL's credability for teaming up with 50 Cent 'cause 50 Cent's not that respected of a rapper in the game, I could understand though how the similarities between LL and 50 might be when they were younger, when LL released "Walking With A Panther" he probably received as much criticism as 50 did releasing "The Massacre" since he was rapping about a lot of material things and hoes just as much as 50 has been lately(LL said this in his autobiography on "Walking With A Panther": " I was rapping about champagne, silk shirts, cars, jewlery, girls. I had become the anti-Christ of rap. I was selfish, I was egocentric. People felt like I was not being honorable and that I didn't represent where the black community should be heading."), ofcourse "Walking With A Panther" has better songs than "The Massacre" but he really didn't rap about much subject matter then, LL matured over the years and maybe he might be helping 50 mature as well so maybe that's why he's reaching out to him to rap with more substance, either that or they're just gonna rap about hoes and Bentley's together and both lose credability, lol, Fat Joe probably feels as confused as some of us 'cause he considers LL his favorite rapper and now he hears that's working with his enemy

Edited by bigted