JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent To Executive Produce LL Cool J's Next Album

bigted

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rapper with 2 subpar albums giving orders to a rapper with 12 great albums does not equate to a great album, I could never picture LL lowering himself down like this, what happened to the mc that got pissed if you borrow his mic? lol

Edited by bigted

Will + 50 Cent Sell 10 Million: and people start talking Will as a Rapper

or

Will + JJ Sell <1 Million: We're happy but everyone else says he's a actor

What would you choose?

I'd take the second choice, everybody over 18 will talk about Will as a wack rapper with the first choice, all 10 million will be a bunch of horny school girls that don't know a thing about good music, at least Will's gonna have his original fans still respect him if he did another album with JJ

Edited by bigted

There's no guarantee in the way that we're looking at this is right. I personally didn't like the "Todd Smith" album. Maybe a track here and there, but that was it. I didn't feel "The DEFinition" too much either. But it was fair. The atmosphere of the rap game has just seemed to screwed with a lot of heads. Maybe LL sees something in 50 Cent that we don't and haven't. JMJ did. I just don't know. When you look at 50's career sheet of moves, and LL's career sheet of moves, not to mention their life stories, it just causes a nix bad things.

Ted, I agree with you on everything you said. LL is my second favorite rapper but this is just absurd. LL does not realize how much street cred he is going to lose. "The Definition" sold around 700,000 and "Todd Smith" hasnt been selling at all. "Freeze" even with the remix I dont think has caught on. His sales are runnin dry now. His last Def Jam album? I thought he signed on for 10 more lol.

And first thing that came to my mind when I read this was - SALES. Tim said it, looks like LL is desperate for sales. Now you know theres gonna be a parental sticker on the album too.

As long as 50 is not rapping on the album, I really don't have an issue with it. As Vipa said, executive producers aren't really that involved with the album, so it isn't really a big deal to me. It is nice that LL has another album coming out so soon, though.

This is rediculous. I have no problem with LL having no shame in making a hot radio-ready track. By doing a track or an album with 50 Cent is just stupid. Who wants 2 hear the G.O.A.T. with the W.O.A.T. (Wackest Of All Time)?!? In a very recent interview, LL said that he knows his record sales suffer cuz he won't cuss in his music and won't spread poison and talk all negative in his music. By working with a person who builds his whole career off the opposite is just crazy.

I don't view it as another album...i just view it as a watered down remix album 2 his current one. I guess we'll see how it all turns out.

Guest Da Triptic

yall need to stop bitchen there are rappers that cuss more than 50 yall like like Ja or Fat Joe and Jada and i bet yall wouldnt complain so shut up and if u like L then dont complain on descions he made not u

:jusmindyabizness: I think it was ok for LL and 50 to work together on one track or even two, but if hes going to sprinkle himself all over LL's album I wouldn't really like to buy it. He already ruined respectable artists like Mobb Deep and MOP. Mase is not going to be doing anything respectable anytime soon. Come on, LL is one of artists I kept checking for a while and he sells out and does this.... :damnyou:

I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it. It's sad but it doesn't surprise me. LL is about remaining relevant. He's looked at his peers and seen how his peers haven't maintained popularity. He's trying to run with the young dogs. While I don't have a problem with that, I do have a problem with the "young dogs" he's running with. By having 50 be the e.p. on the album, you know that there will be no depth on the album and I do believe that 50 will have either his voice or his production on every track. To me that spells of pure garbage.

I hope LL changes his mind but I don't think so. His credibility is going to suffer because of this.

LL should have finished his career after ten ...the definition and todd smith sucked! i`ll think he want to hit the box-office with his last lp and then stick to acting...this plan will fail, look what happened to Mobb Deep blood money flopped harder than vanilla ice! I´d rather prefer Jay-Z as an e.p. than 50.

I will still give the album - no doubt but I don't support LL in this music decision.

agree!I hoped dat LL would go back to his oldschool style, but since 50cent is working wit him I doubt that thats gonna happen...

Quick question: What are you gonna give the album?

Edited by viber_91