JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WARREN G "REGULATE..G FUNK ERA

2day i popped in the 1994 classic from Warren G "Regulate...G Funk Era." People toss him in a class of gangsta rappers since he came out during the gangsta rap boom following the drop of The Chonic. However, this music is definitly not trashy gangsta rap. The production is great (even 2 this day). Thick beats, funk samples, smooth backgrounds with Warren G's laidback, sing-songy vocals. It's loaded with trax that kept us nodding our heads thru' the summertime like Regulate, This DJ, So Many Ways, and trax that served as the soundtrack 4 spending time in the basment with songs like Do You See and Runnin' Wit No Breaks.

For anyone who loves real west coast Hip-Hop, if u never heard this album...CHECK IT OUT!! Straight from the summer of '94.

Most of his beats are genious. They have samples but don't rely on them like most songs. He just made music that felt good 2 chill 2 and ride 2 (which makes me really wish we heard the trax he did with Will for Big Willie Style). On thing that i like the most about Warren G is how he reminsces in his music alot. Since not all of us come from the same place, not everyone can relate 2 his stuff...but when he talks about back in the day...man, it just takes me there...back 2 the 80's.

I think there's a new 213 album comin' soon wit Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, and Warren G, I can't wait! :thumb:

I like the video from "regulate" and the song of course... i've also learned the lyrics and i'm listening to that song nearly every day and i'm just rapping along with warren g. this is one of my fav songs from the gangsta era... i would like to hear the song he made with Will.
Do you remember O.P.P from naughty by nature?
also one of my fav classic hiphop trax!

jjfp rocks the house

Wasn't Warren G like Dre's cousin or something.

I lost allittle respect for him when he worked with pop twit Peter Andre on a song. I guess most of you won't know who he is but the UK peeps shud.

I guess everyone has a bad moment in music.

Hey I liked So Many Ways, that was on the Bad Boys Soundtrack wasn't it? Might have to look into the the other tracks because I've only really been exposed to So Many Ways.

According to Tvtome Warren G is Dre's step brother and he also introduced Dre to Snoop Dogg... this is the page if ya wanna check it out:

[url="http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-15738/"]http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Perso...personid-15738/[/url]

Jonny5

"Regulate" waz huge. It blazed thru' the summer. Warren G + Nate Dogg have a chemistry kinda like JJ+FP...they just go 2gether tho' they can stand on their own. "This DJ" waz another classic single, followed by "Do You See" and "So Many Ways" from the Bad Boys soundtrack (original version is on his album).

In 1999, Nate Dogg + Warren G dropped "Nobody Dose It Better" off the Woo soundtrack (yeah, the movie Jada did in 1998).

I'm kinda interested in the new 213 album...but i'm thinkin' their new stuff wont' be as good as their old stuff. Warren G's music isn't the straight Hip-Hop i usually vibe with, but his stuff has always had that foundation and he just put it in2 that G-Funk style.

HA!!! What a coincedence. The new 213 video "Groupie Luv" just came on. Not a bad song at all. Fun bouncey kinda joint. Video is pretty funny 2. It amazing that about 10 years after they were runnin' what waz on the charts, they FINALLY release a full album.

It waz these cats that kept hardcore Hip-Hop going while gangsta trash started coming out like crazy. These guys ain't scared 2 smile and dance around like fools...that's why they outlasted all the other people thrown in that gangsta rap category.