JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

different versions of the show

Yea, in the Original airing of the show, on NBC, they left everything in, obviously...But once the show gets picked up in syndication, they tend to cut out some scenes and lines, not directly important to the plot, in order to run more commercials in that time.

• 3 weeks later...

whats the deal with america and commercials? :sick: In alot of popular american talk shows (oprah, those late night shows with letterman, conan and leno and all the others) they say "well be right back after this commerial" and theres like 5 minutes of people saying buy this and buy that and then the show comes back on and theres oprah saying thanks for watching, see u next week... thats so stupid, i cant believe anyone keeps watching for those final 20 seconds of the show :sick:

on the Seinfeld DVDs they have different versions of the episodes, some of them are like 3 minutes longer than usual, but some even got different actors or a little different story (and Im not talking about the deleted scenes). It would be wonderful if FPOBA had some more extra features that explained how the episodes have been edited....

Guest Guest

on the Seinfeld DVDs they have different versions of the episodes, some of them are like 3 minutes longer than usual, but some even got different actors or a little different story (and Im not talking about the deleted scenes). It would be wonderful if FPOBA had some more extra features that explained how the episodes have been edited....

seriously... are those some sort of alternative scenes (different actors/stories) which werent aired and put as a extra feat. on the dvd?

Well much like a movie, they often film scenes that won't really effect the plot if removed. They are taken out in post, and left on the cutting room floor (Figuratively speaking of course).

As for commercials...This is how a network gets money. Big companies Pay the network to air their commercial during a particular show. Depending o the show, the pay out is worth a lot more. If it's a big show that everyone will watch, they pay alot. The Superbowl for example. EVERYONE in america watches it. Everyone will see the commercials...But if it's a , lets say Pilot, or low ratings sitcom, they won't expect as much...

It's all business and marketing. I'm no expert on it, just the basics..lol.

I never realized those type of cuts on german tv. The episodes are as long as the dvd versions. They only make a break at the middle of the episode, but they don't cut something out. The only thing that's cutted out are the end credits. TV in america is very strange...

Well much like a movie, they often film scenes that won't really effect the plot if removed. They are taken out in post, and left on the cutting room floor (Figuratively speaking of course).

As for commercials...This is how a network gets money. Big companies Pay the network to air their commercial during a particular show. Depending o the show, the pay out is worth a lot more. If it's a big show that everyone will watch, they pay alot. The Superbowl for example. EVERYONE in america watches it. Everyone will see the commercials...But if it's a , lets say Pilot, or low ratings sitcom, they won't expect as much...

It's all business and marketing. I'm no expert on it, just the basics..lol.

yeah that part i understand, same thing in every other country. but putting a commercial acctually after the show is over seems kinda stupid. after the show really ends, theres yet another commercial break. why not just let oprah say goodbye and then sattle with the commercial efter the show.. theres only like 20 seconds in between them anyway... i know.. money money money, but i dont understand why the viewers dont put their foot down and tell the networks that they dont like it... or maybe their just all to used to it to even notice it... well, whatever, doesent really matter anyway :wiggle: