JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tra-Knox? What the F

DeX

• Members

Where did this group go? They were supposed to have an album come out shortly after Wild, Wild West - the movie...from their song "Lucky Day" - I had been on their website, and heard their playlist for the upcoming album....that was about 7 years ago...and the only place I've heard them now is on that "Born to Reign" Album, and Eric Roberson's Albums...any one have any info?...maybe those old tracks that they had together as a group.

Well to break to you man, Tra-Knox broke up a while ago, they ain't doing music anymore, sorry...

• Admin

one of them was on half & half on UPN which I think just got cancelled.. they did record an album at a touch of jazz in 99 or so..unfortunately the label never released it..the guys would prob be in their mid to late 30s now so their chance has probably passed

I still don't see how people can blame B2R's success on Tra-Knox. Outside of FP's fanbase, nobody knew about them or cared about them. The promotion of that album is what killed it commerically. And as a fan, the only think that makes it come across as a lackluster album is the production....not Tra-Knox.

I waz looking forward 2 their album. Cuz they were gonna come with a nice R-N-B sound...nothing like the hodge podge sound of B2R. Anyone who saw them live knows they were the real thing.

• Admin

Yeah but their performance on born to reign wasnt that great.. how many people who heard born to reign would be saying.. I need to get that tra knox album? I think it probably put dreamworks off releasin their album

That Tra-Knox broke up is not that sad for me. When I hear them on "Born to Reign" then I don't think that they not good, they have talent, but I would never go out and buy an album of them. They were a very good accompanist band for Will, but that's it.

well, i liked them on B2R even if i havent seen them live or on other trax. i mean they did their job on B2R and they did it good.

sad that they broke up, but i would have loved to see them going big in the biz.

yeah I liked their performance on b2r a lot .. a shame that they aren't in the biz anymore .. I can't understand why people keep dissin' them for doing b2r tho