JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BAD NEWZ

Thats too bad, but I thought the bad news would be that someone got hurt or killed, so Im relieved of that at least... guess we'll hafta keep waitin... just like the military, Hurry up and WAIT!...

Will do u like torturing ur true fans like this man???? :shifty:

peace,

cookie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its fine, in another year he'll have an album out.

Do you know why, because he makes albums every 2-3 years, mostly two years.

And you know what, thats what most rappers his age do anyways.

the only guys who release an album every 1-1.5 years are people who have nothing else to do.

Edited by dkny2kx

Well, I talked to KEL on the phone about fifteen minutes or so ago, and asked him if he knew what happened... tho he wasn't completely detailed, he had written about twelve songs for it,... he said its possible a scheduling thing for alot of the artists, because Will was talkin with BIG artists worldwide to be on it. and I didn't wanna get into asking all kind of questions out of respect...

so these kind of things, we have to really consider, its not that Will dont care, or putting it on the back burner.. he REALLy wanna do it, but it may have to wait until ppls schedules frees up...

so lets give him some slack, at least hes trying.. and that may be why hes doing more movies, cuz hes gotta releast that energy sumhow. LOL... wit his hyper self..

peace,

cookie

so these kind of things, we have to really consider, its not that Will dont care, or putting it on the back burner.. he REALLy wanna do it, but it may have to wait until ppls schedules frees up...

so lets give him some slack, at least hes trying..

peace,

cookie

Thanks for providing more info on that, Cookies. It's amazing how quick people are to jump to conclusions without hearing the full story or knowing all the details... The first thing I thought when I read AJ's post was that there was probably difficulty getting artists or a lack of interest by artists in general... The second thing I thought was that the usual suspects are going to flock here blaming it on movies. Shame of you guys, and you know who you are. Stop jumping to conclusions.

so it could still happen if Will is waiting on other peoples schedules.

thanx for the info cookies.

Hope it still does. A compilation like that would be a great thing for hip hop.

ur welcome Maxy Waxy .. LOL...

I can't say one way or another if it will happen, cuz It feels abit uncomfortable asking questions like that.. all i know is that Will wanted to do this with heartful intentions for a good cause, and tho it may not happen now, its just tymiing... and until the right opportunity presents itself, hopefully Will, KS and other artists keep doing what they do in the meantyme...

Ironically, I met a relative of Will's, who a christian and I've had the pleasure of talking to on the phone,...and Ill be designing their book cover for,... and tho I could ask about it,... imma leave it here with us... We'll just wait n see whas goin down when it does... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

It is quite a shame that this has fallen through, I was really looking forward to it...it is really too bad...

• 4 weeks later...

I might've jumped the gun too soon to blame movies for this album falling through I'll admit, waiting 3 years for new music ain't that bad considering how big of a star he is now in the film industry, it's probably hard to find enough real artists to do a compilation since finding real artists these days is like searching for gold, I'll be willing to do something if you're reading this Kel holla at me, lol,most in Will's position would probably give up rap altogether, Game said recently in an interview that if he makes 5 million per film he'll never rap again and Will makes almost 30 and he still puts out music every 3 years, lol

Edited by bigted

I might've jumped the gun too soon to blame movies for this album falling through I'll admit, waiting 3 years for new music ain't that bad considering how big of a star he is now in the film industry, it's probably hard to find enough real artists to do a compilation since finding real artists these days is like searching for gold, I'll be willing to do something if you're reading this Kel holla at me, lol,most in Will's position would probably give up rap altogether, Game said recently in an interview that if he makes 5 million per film he'll never rap again and Will makes almost 30 and he still puts out music every 3 years, lol

:word:

But I'd rather see will making 2 or 3 reckords the next 3-4 years and just one movie, cause I think there's a big chance that his next album may be his last.

As long as Will could still put out great music and is still healthy, I don't see why he can't release albums every 2 or 3 years for a lil' bit longer in between doing films and what I think would help keep Will in the game longer is if he signed fresh young hip-hop artists to his Overbrook company, btw I got a great idea for his next album, he could do a double disc album for his next album and have collabos with up and coming talent on one disc and the other disc could be strictly a JJFP album, they're be stuff that'd interest younger fans and the ol' school fans will finally get some JJFP, it'll do really well

Edited by bigted