JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Seven Pounds"

Radewart

This one sound pretty dark...I like it!

link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14828

Will Smith is attached to star in Seven Pounds for Columbia Pictures and Escape Artists and is in talks to produce the film alongside his Overbrook Entertainment partner James Lassiter, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Written by Grant Nieporte, the story centers on a man who inadvertently falls in love with a woman while attempting to kill himself.

The film would reteam Smith with Columbia and Escape Artists, which together produced Smith's upcoming drama The Pursuit of Happyness. Smith also has signed on to star in Columbia's Tonight, He Comes, which has been pushed back to a 2007 start date after "Happyness" director Gabriele Muccino dropped out. Smith will next shoot I Am Legend for Warner Bros. Pictures.

There is no director attached to Seven Pounds

Edited by Radewart

• Members

I gotta say I used to complain that Will never made anough films. One film a year compared to, say, Samuel L Jackson was just way too little for me...but now I'm getting really aggrevated. There's too much of those film projects for him..

The good news is he does seem to live up to his word. He said a while back that once he reaches 40 he'll stop making all this empty straight action/science-fiction crap and will turn to more mature cinema. Those movies that he is being tlinked to nowadays seem to prove that..

• 1 month later...

It's about time he started to get invloved in more films like this, and get away from the "Big Will" type films

Very interesting. What's this movie about? It will be a serious film I think.

"Written by Grant Nieporte, the story centers on a man who inadvertently falls in love with a woman while attempting to kill himself."

hmm not sure about this one, doesnt sound like a "fun" movie. But that opinion is based on one line explaining the movie, so i'll see how it turns out.

I'm not sure, it does sound interesting, but it may be comedic because there was a movie called "Better Off Dead" which followed a similar plot. But that was more of a "teen movie". I guess we just have to wait for more information.

• 4 weeks later...