JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West mentions JJFP

Yup, especially since Kanye almost broke his neck trying to get to me to get a track on Will's Lost & Found album. Why it never came to fruition? I'm not sure but it is what it is... What's good, folks??

thats really interesting, i would have thought it was the other way around since kanye is so big right now. See these are the things that we dont get to hear about.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard that Kanye track today on the radio (yeah i know.... my cd player in my car dont work so i was forced to listen to the radio) and the song is pretty wack. and that line does sound like Kanye is downplayin JJ, but im not gonna make a big deal out of it.

It's not A DISS. What he's saying is, we're in the spotlight, and you really aren't.

It's the truth. Will Smith is a man who in these days, is known by his name. How simple and common is a name like WIll Smith? Extremely common, but I'm willing to bet if you went out on the street, and said it to everyone you saw, 99% of them would mention the Rapper/Actor.

Jazzy Isn't. He's known, but not in the spotlight. No where did he diminish jeff's skills. no where did he say Jeff sucked. Let's not put words in his mouth...

The "Pointing" was more of a "I'm kanye, i'm on top, and the haters are far below me"...

Maybe it wasa poor way to say it, but it wasn't a diss, in my eyes. He has no reason to. Kanye has never been the type to start problems with other artists for no reason.

Edited by Vipa

ok a.j. ive been waiiiiting still for all of these kanye west lines that make no sense that you promised me, and have given up my wait. when someone hates on someone else for a particular reason, and can back it up, i respect that. otherwise, it just seems kinda 'hater-ish'..and yes, a lot of commercial rap todays is garbage, but i would never put kanye in that category, nor would i for jay-z..they (alone with a select few others) are in an elite category, in my book, and I can enjoy their level of success while enjoying their rhymes..agree to disagree, i suppose

Damn ya'll, it isnt a damn diss....n he's not exactly pointing to the ground either...he's just dancing...it's a song...people dance...i'm sure if kanye wanted to diss a pioneer of hip hop then he would of done something better than that...even i could of dissed will better than that (even tho i will never do something like that)...and also kanye and will were close to doing a track together...so why in the blue hell would he diss him for if he wanted to do a song with him...that shít don't make sense...

ok a.j. ive been waiiiiting still for all of these kanye west lines that make no sense that you promised me, and have given up my wait. when someone hates on someone else for a particular reason, and can back it up, i respect that. otherwise, it just seems kinda 'hater-ish'..and yes, a lot of commercial rap todays is garbage, but i would never put kanye in that category, nor would i for jay-z..they (alone with a select few others) are in an elite category, in my book, and I can enjoy their level of success while enjoying their rhymes..agree to disagree, i suppose

1st off...u are taking this way 2 serious. 2nd, some of us have full time jobs and real responsabilities and posting on a message can't take up half of our day. But since u are so patiently waiting, i'll be sure 2 post the lyric-lacking styles of Kanye West 4 u with in a week.

Hey Tim why don't you just ask Jazzy Jeff what he thinks about what Kanye says? I know you probably want him to be put a response record on "Return Of The Magnificent" :rofl: You need to let it go man, this ain't Eminem or 50 Cent we're talking about here, this is Kanye West, he never disses anybody in his songs so I don't think he'd start by dissin' Jazzy Jeff, I thought Kel set the record straight already, we need to let this topic go, it's obvious that me and AJ won't like Kanye as much as some of y'all might, let's just agree to disagree on that one too, we all have different tastes...

Edited by bigted