JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West mentions JJFP

If this was a diss then JJFP could finish off Kanye's egotistical career, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread, somebody needs to check his ego, like I said if he came out 15 years ago he'd have to stick to producing, it shows you how wack the game is right now that we got producers making albums, if Jazzy made a rap album it'd sound better than anything Kanye has done, lol, Pharrell's flow is kinda boring too, I think he should stick to beat making himself, he actually sings better than he raps but I got no problem with him though 'cause he don't run around acting like he's the best rapper, he just does it for fun...

Uhm... yeah.. thats realistic.. as usual.

Yeah it's not like JJFP ever work together that much anymore to do that but it'd be fun to see that happen since I'mtired of Kanye's attitude when he ain't half as great as he claims he is, when great rappers get record deals again then he'll only be on the boards, I don't think it was a diss 'cause if it was then everybody would be talking about it, it's just a line in a song, nothing more, nothing less, and I never said that Kanye West was wack but if you listen to hip-hop from 15-20 years ago and then listen to Kanye's music, Kanye can't hold a candle to much of them from that era, he acts like he should win a million awards for his albums but there was a lot of albums from that era that didn't have the type of success but they're much more quality than what Kanye could ever do, if his albums came out then he'd been considered average, the truth is being one of the best now doesn't mean anything 'cause it's a weak era...

Edited by bigted

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they fresh to def, you like after def

im ressurecting my gold jesuses of nazareth

now we fresh as the prince while they jazzy jeff

some1 explain that :ponder:

Yeah those are the award winning lyrics from the greatest rapper ever, I never saw such creative lyrics in my life :smart: :rofl:

Why is it, everytime another MC shouts out JJFP in a song, everyone is quick to call it a diss?

This doesn't even sound like a diss. Kanye has no reason to hate on him. You know Kanye. Sometimes he runs out of things to say, so he just says some random **** ("Your girl don't like me? How long as she BEEN GAY)...See... :3-laugh3:

Edited by Vipa

Everyone here's so quick to call out everyone who shouted out JJFP as a diss 'cause we get so used to hearing people dissin' them I guess but clearly that line is far from a diss, as much as some people might hate on JJFP there are plenty of their favorite rappers that look up to JJFP, Kanye West is one of them, but as far as hating on Kanye goes Kanye's ego is the reason why people hate on him, if he just makes music and toned that down I don't think many would have a problem with him, I give him credit for trying to bring real hip-hop back but that ego turns me off from him a lil' bit

Edited by bigted

• Admin

Why is it, everytime another MC shouts out JJFP in a song, everyone is quick to call it a diss?

This doesn't even sound like a diss. Kanye has no reason to hate on him. You know Kanye. Sometimes he runs out of things to say, so he just says some random **** ("Your girl don't like me? How long as she BEEN GAY)...See... :3-laugh3:

I thought it was a diss because he said fresh like Will but you jazzy jeff.. implying will is fresh and jazzy jeff ain't.. Now I don't know what the hell he's goin on abt.. 2 lines back he says "they" and you" and then he says "we" and "they" so i dont even know who hes talking about

i like kanye, but its even worse to mention JJFP in no context or senseless lines than leaving them totally out of the song.

When he would make a track about the biggest icons in the hip hop world, then he should talk about how "fresh" Jazzy Jeff is, but not in such kind of songs. thats just ridicilous.

Thumb down for Kanye! :thumbdown:

I'm not the type to jump at everything Kanye says. "Fresh as the prince, while you Jazzy Jeff". :hmm: Sounds like a diss to me.

"I don't think it was a diss 'cause if it was then everybody would be talking about it, it's just a line in a song, nothing more, nothing less." - bigted

Kinda like Bow Wow dissing Will huh? Will Smith is a big name. Jeff Townes is a behind the scenes kind of guy, laid back and everything right?, but he still does his thing. No media or anything is gonna make it a big deal, unless Kanye were to go straight at Jeff criticizing his production and his status in Hip Hop. And as far as I'm concerned, the line is doing just that; getting at Jeff's status. "Number 1", Will is #1 as an entertainer (particularly movies), while Jeff is irrelevant. That's the way I see it.

Jazzy Jeff is a big name in the hip-hop community as one of the most respected DJs, I think if somebody dissed him, a lot of hip-hop fans would be offended by that but the majority of Kanye's fanbase probably don't know who Jazzy Jeff is so he might be irrelevant to them and the reason why they think Kanye is so great is 'cause they don't know a lot about the history of hip-hop and that there was better music being made before this era we're in now, basically Kanye is just another TRL rapper, Jazzy Jeff is irrelevant to teenyboppers but Kanye is irrelevant to most of JJFP's original fanbase who don't really buy albums anymore, he don't really have many fans overage I'd bet, I see your point there, that's like Nelly makin' a battle track to KRS-ONE a few years ago on his album, most of Nelly's fans who got that album don't know who KRS is but I don't think KRS' core base would be caught dead bumpin' a Nelly album, and as far as that "Fresh as the Prince Is" line, Kanye's fans wouldn't pick up that he was talking about Will unless he said "Will Smith" or "Big Willie", "Fresh Prince" is irrelevant to commercial teenybopper audiences, they probably would just know that he's the guy that made "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Switch" if they knew anything about his music, they might own some of Will's solo albums but they probably have no idea he rapped before '97, and of course they'd know he's a big time movie star, but their parents might have a JJFP album in their music collection, it's a generation gap between JJFP and Kanye fans on the most part, most of the 30- 40 year olds that got "Rock The House" when it came out ain't listening to Kanye and most of the 15-25 year olds that have Kanye's albums never heard a JJFP album, I'm a big fan of golden era hip-hop so my taste is closer to the older generation of hip-hop fans than it is towards today's 106& Park/TRL commercial audience even though like them I was in diapers when JJFP came out and truth be told more than likely the majority of those anticipating another JJFP album would be over 30, not many in my age group cares though since they're Kanye fans, they want to see another Jay-Z album, not another JJFP album, now some of y'all here might claim to be Kanye fans and listen to JJFP albums too but that ain't the majority unfortunately...

Edited by bigted

There's too many to name, most of his songs I'd say, he says a few dope lines in between and then he says something in between that completely makes no sense to what the song's about, he's inconsistant, listen to albums from the golden era and you'll see that the lyricists were more on point with their songs, and it ain't just about the golden era, it's about quality music with me, I think there's some dope mcs in between now but not many, Kanye ain't of them, he's a quality producer but he ain't no Jazzy Jeff or DJ Premiere either, if you know hip-hop history you wouldn't be so high on what Kanye's doing, he ain't doing much that hasn't been done better before...

Edited by bigted