JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West mentions JJFP

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanye ain't the type of rapper to diss others in songs, if this was Eminem saying this it'd be more suspect but more than likely it was just a reference....

If Kanye is one of the best rappers out there then hip-hop is dead, he wouldn't be allowed to grab a mic if he came out 15 years ago in the golden era, he's really average at best, he has given props to Will before in interviews and he did produce a song for him on "Lost and Found" that never made it so I doubt that he'd go dissin' him and Jazzy now, it was just an anology, like AJ said there a lot of his rhymes don't make sense but at least he tries to put positive messages in his music and he gets some credit from me for that, but I'll never call him one of the best...

Edited by bigted

There was a link to the song on this forum about a month ago, didn't we discuss this then

If this was a diss then JJFP could finish off Kanye's egotistical career, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread, somebody needs to check his ego, like I said if he came out 15 years ago he'd have to stick to producing, it shows you how wack the game is right now that we got producers making albums, if Jazzy made a rap album it'd sound better than anything Kanye has done, lol, Pharrell's flow is kinda boring too, I think he should stick to beat making himself, he actually sings better than he raps but I got no problem with him though 'cause he don't run around acting like he's the best rapper, he just does it for fun...

Edited by bigted

i dont think its a diss. i like kanye, his songs are fun, his beats are brillient and he has some deep lyrics. if u compare kanye to any other rapper out there hes miles better. if u ask me hes putting rap back in the right direction of fun songs instead of this fake gangsta trash.

Yeah if you compare Kanye to somebody like 50 Cent then he'd look like Rakim and FP but that's why hip-hop's dead at least on a commercial level 'cause he ain't even close to their level but there's nothing else out there, there's not any quality, there needs to be more skilled rappers than Kanye that're on top even though I'd rather see him more popular than 50 Cent if those were the last 2 rappers on earth...

Edited by bigted

If this was a diss then JJFP could finish off Kanye's egotistical career, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread, somebody needs to check his ego, like I said if he came out 15 years ago he'd have to stick to producing, it shows you how wack the game is right now that we got producers making albums, if Jazzy made a rap album it'd sound better than anything Kanye has done, lol, Pharrell's flow is kinda boring too, I think he should stick to beat making himself, he actually sings better than he raps but I got no problem with him though 'cause he don't run around acting like he's the best rapper, he just does it for fun...

Uhm... yeah.. thats realistic.. as usual.