JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will there be a Pursuit of happieness soundtrack?

This would be a golden opportunity for Will but I doubt it'll happen, he ain't really that focused on his music career at this point, it's dissapointing that we'll probably have to wait 5 years before we even hear him do another song at this point, he seems lost as an mc again 'cause of his Hollywood career, if there is a soundtrack he probably won't even be a part of it...

Edited by bigted

"Fresh Prince was hot, the movies killed him", god forbid if he takes years off doing movies but it's ok for him to take years off from music :ponder:

I think doing a song for a movie would do a lot for his popularity as a rapper 'cause that's why he was so popular 5-10 years ago but it sorta hurt his image as a rapper at the same time since they were songs to commercial films, this is a more serious role and a powerful song like "The Rain" would really show the public that his music is just as diverse as his movies are and he'd sell millions again

i hope he doesnt do a track for the movie just bcoz hes done loads of soundtracks already and id rather him keep movies and music seperate from now on. But saying that, we're not expecting any more music for years, so if he did do a song for it, it would be a nice surprise, i suppose its better than nothing.

Yeah it'll probably be years until we get another album so he should do guest appearances with other artists and songs on soundtracks in between to hold us music fans over but doing no music at all for years is the reason why he'll never be as popular in music as he once was

If the movie is as good as people say it will be, and if Will does make a record for the soundtrack, Wil could be nominated for 2 Oscars!!!

I mean its not very had to win the Oscar for best song anymore...... Three 6 mafia....

But the song would have to be really serious!!!

That's what I'm saying this is a golden opportunity for Will to get the recognition of a great recording artist he is if he does a song for this movie and after that trash by Three Six Mafia won an Oscar we need a real hip-hop song to win next year, this song could make a big impact, unfortunately though it probably won't happen

Edited by bigted

Will should definitely write a "Rain, Just the Two of Us, Tell Me Why" type song for the sound track. A happy go luckly old school JJFP jam won't do. I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to him? Considering that he's really the one in charge this time around, I'm sure he can get a track on there...