JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice Cube- Laugh Now, Cry Later, Releasing June 6th

bigted

I'll admit that he's done better albums in the past but by far it's superior to everything out now, you can't expect him to make another "Amerikka's Most Wanted" everytime, it's another solid album in the heavy catalog of one of the greatest mcs ever, it'd be a crime if it don't hit platinum, the true hip-hop heads need to support this album, and I think he said he's gonna be doing more music now and less movies so I don't think we'd have to wait 6 years for another album either, the way I see him spittin' on this album he's gonna be on top for many more years to come, hopefully Will follows his lead on that one, we need real mcs to bring hip-hop back to where it should be and put those wack pop rappers like we all know who out of buisiness

Edited by bigted

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's a bad album...and wouldn't want him 2 do the same thing again...i waz just hopin' 4 a lil' more. Some of the trax really stand out. My main problem is that Cube doesn't come off as 2 hungry on the trax. And again, the production is pretty average. Some songs are on a higher point...and some are on a lower one. I haven't listened 2 it in a few days, i'll have 2 pop it back in. The cover is dope tho.'

I bought that album last saturday and I was amazed when I heared it. It has such a great sound, it's great. There's not even one track with a bad beat, believe me. It really rocks and is one of the best albums Ice Cube has ever done and one of the best rap albums of the year 2006.

Yeah on this album production could be a lil' better but I think Ice Cube's powerful flow overshadowed any weak beats there might be, I definately consider it one of the strongest albums released since Will's "Lost and Found" came out last year, I like it better than Kanye's 2 albums combined, like he said on "Child Support" there ain't no other kings in this rap thing, he's the real king of the west coast and hip-hop in general, he deserves the throne, he had a big first week selling over 145,000 copies so he'll probably go platinum with this one, I was watching Rap City today and saw that there's a video for "Go To Church" already, it looks hot, btw I gotta get Busta's album this weekend, I see he's been hosting on there all week... I've been so busy working lately I haven't had a chance to get it yet, when I get a day off from work next week I'll probably post reviews for both albums, most likely I'll probably have to order KRS' new album online 'cause stores never seem to carry his new albums most of the time but I'll be looking for that one too, I'm also looking forward to Hammer's album after hearing what he posted on his myspace, he's coming back big himself I think, it's great to know that there's some mcs out there worth checking for, it's been a dry spell for a while as far as having so many weak mcs dropping....

Yeah, i didn't know KRS-One waz dropping a new album this week. I saw it in stores when i got Busta's. It waz hard 2 NOT get KRS's...i might 2morrow...but i really wanted 2 shop around 4 the best price. I guess when it comes 2 quality music, u can't be 2 picky about the price tho.'

this album is highly dope! from Why We Thugs all the way to the end, the album is consistant and equal all the way around. i have listen to it all, but i listen to the last quarter of it in the background so i cant give a full rating yet, but this album was as good as Busta's album i would say. the only criticisms i have are: Lil Jons beats are uncreative (yet Cube still rocks those beats like only he can), the album is pretty predictable as far as production and beats, no real creativeness or risks taken like on Busta's, and there is a lot of profanity on some tracks that gets old when ur tryna listen at home with parents. i like the whole vibe and energy of "Go To Church", but the message was "if u a wuss, go to church" and thats the farthest thing from the truth and my beliefs and i was offended by that.

"Go To Church" is basically just a metaphorical term in this sense, it really had nothing to do with religious matters in this case, it's just a hip-hop lyrical track so it's more of a battle phrase like you suckas better pray, btw do you think Snoop's dissin' Coolio in his verse? It sounds like a diss to me and you could see in the video they got somebody dressed up like Coolio and Snoop shoves him away when he does his verse

i know its not meant to be about the church, i was overexaggerating my last post now that i look at it haha. i still have problems with the way it was mentioned tho. i only listened to Go To Church twice and Snoops verse didnt do anything to make me remember it so i will have to listen to it again, but i dont listen to Coolio so it doesnt matter to me if he did diss Coolio