JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice Cube- Laugh Now, Cry Later, Releasing June 6th

bigted

Ice Cube is back and is the one who truly brought back the west. He said he wanted to make it hip hop that made you feel good. And that's what we've honestly been missing; how the music makes us feel when we hear it. I heard the whole album and it's one of Ice Cube's finest works. He mixed everything from his career it seems and input the current sound. Cube's a righteous gangsta rap artist. Even he knows there is more to gangsta rap that sex and money. I think this album is grammy nominee material. He and Will seem a bit alike yet rock the mic different.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it out at Circiut City? Today or tommorrow?

Edited by markwinfield1

I'm really looking forward to this album from Ice Cube tomorrow, real artists have their own special quality about them that's different from each other but they all have one common goal to put out quality music that fans'll enjoy, Ice Cube is a real artist, btw I just found out that KRS-ONE got a new album comes out next week and so does Busta Rhymes, June is a big month for hip-hop albums`

Edited by bigted

I'll be getting it tomorrow when I get off of work, I'll try to post a review here when I get a chance this week

I just heard the album and recieving it in the mail in a few days. I think have mixed feelings about it... Some of the production was average but there were a few good beats. There were a few good songs but there was nothing that blew me off at first listen. But i think it can grow on me.

So who got the album? I got it last weekend and I gotta say that it's lived up to the hype, it's definately the best album this year so far, when I get more time I'm gonna post a full length review later, I give it 4.5/5

Edited by bigted

I got it last week and i give it a 6 or a 7 on a scale from 1-10. Ice Cube's comes on off very much like it used 2. But i miss the heavy political stuff. It just seems like Ice Cube was a little 2 comfortable with what he waz spitting this time around...which is dangerous when u don't release albums as much as u used 2. And the production is definitly average. I do like the album, but it doesn't meet the expectations that i hold for an artist of his caliber.