JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

'What They Do' - The Roots

Who else thinks that the video for 'What They Do' by The Roots is one of their favs? It definitely is for me! For those that haven't seen it, they basically do a satire for all the cliche things that you see in rap videos! Its really quite funny and the song is awesome as well. If you haven't already seen it then check it out here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=What+T...7&v=jUNeswlfGBo

I feel ashamed that I don't own a Roots album! I'm gonna have to invest in one very soon!

:mygod: You need to get one!!!

i would suggest Things Fall Apart its my favorite.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

what they do is a good track, but i havent seen the video, thanx Brakes. btw, what they do is from Illadelph Halflife, the only album i own from them.

edit: wow it says the video has been removed!

Edited by WesSyde

I've always loved The Roots...but "What They Do" waz the song that made me a big fan of them. I got the CD single and i have the video on tape somewhere. Just hilarious. I wish every Roots song waz on this level.

• Admin

if you get a roots album make sure its illadelph halflife..next best is do you want more ..everything after that is a disappointment.. but during those first few albums they were a real band..playing real dope jazz music..with 2 emcees! goin back n forth.. :1-smile:

I've always loved The Roots...but "What They Do" waz the song that made me a big fan of them. I got the CD single

That song and video was what made me a Roots fan. It's a classic diss video. It totally made the "mainstream" rap industry look really foolish.

I love that video. I actually only saw that vid twice...once on VH1's Top 40 greatest rap songs or something like that and BET's Top 25 funny vids wit Nick Cannon.

Its a great vid. It also made me a fan of their music. :2thumbs: