JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"A Nightmare On My Street" music video

• Members

I was looking for this music video about a month or two ago. Thought about posting a topic about it, but never got around to it.

I didn't find anything for this video. I would really love to see the music video though. Can only hope someone has it on video and can upload it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone found a copy - or know what became of the court case in regards to the "Nightmare On My Street" video?

the lawsuit was settled.. the video is nowhere to be seen.. If some1 could track it down that would be awesome.. I'd love to see it.

Settled, in Jazzy/Fresh's favor, or in New Line's favor?

If it was in Jazzy and Smith's favor, then I'm sure VH1Classic could dig the video up.

Well part of the deal was to pull the video because whodini already had a nightmare video out at the time.. As part of the deal with jjfp they had a 3 movie contract or something... one of the movies new line offered jazzy jeff/fresh prince was house party but they turned it down.. actually heres the quote from Jeff,...

When we did ‘Nightmare On My Street’ New Line Cinema sued the daylights out of us, but they liked the record and they thought Will and I were talented from ‘Parents Just Don’t Understand.’ So part of the settlement was that we had to pay them some money, but they offered us two scripts to do two movies and if we didn’t want to do them then that was the end of the deal. Back then we were like all we gotta do is say no to the two scripts and we out. The first script was House Party because if you think about the premise of House Party one dude was a Dj and the other was a rapper so House Party was set up for Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. We weren’t thinking about doing movies back then. They were like what do you think about this and we were like oh we don’t like it and what about this oh we don’t like it ha we out. Then we were like oh **** Kid N Play blew up off of that. That was the whole situation it was part of a settlement with New Line. It was one of those things where they were like you guys took our concept and we’re mad, but we ain’t stupid enough to not know you guys aren’t talented. So we’re mad but we want to try and make this relationship work. It was cool because Will ended up doing some stuff with New Line later on and everything kinda worked out.

I seen the video a few times on TV back in the day cause I remember it pretty clearly. I was looking for it online and stumbled across this thread. Just wanted to say the video is very real and was aired on tv at least a few times.

Guest Tacocat

It does exist,i know because i seen it. but i just remember little parts of it. the main thing i remember is where will and his girlfreind goes and watches a scary movie.(nightmare on elm street) thats how it started from what i remember,its been a long time ago.

Guest TACOCAT

It does exist,i know because i seen it. but i just remember little parts of it. the main thing i remember is where will and his girlfreind goes and watches a scary movie.(nightmare on elm street) thats how it started from what i remember,its been a long time ago.

The video was in heavy rotation in Missouri where I grew up, that is how I know the song. everything I knew about Will Smith and DJ J.J. back then was from MTV. And as far as I can remember Freddy was in the video, but that was so long ago, I am cannot be certain it was really Robert Englund. I do remember Will and his GF at the movies watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street Movie. I loved the video when I was a kid. I was definitely played on MTV.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Allison

I have seen it too and want to see it again. I remember the part where Freddy is in Will's face telling him "you've got the body and I've got the brains". I also remember the scary look of his living room when he is dreaming and I remember him trying to get away from Freddy. It is a great video!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Chris P

Boy.... I just bought all of the nightmare on elm street dvd's, and after watching #5 I started wondering about this video.....

I just want to encourage everyone to keep looking for a place to obtain this video....
It does exist, I've seen it many times, all my friends remember it ( ....was it a mass nightmare, hmmm.... ).
I just don't want this to become a dead issue.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Hero1 pinned this topic
  • Hero1 unpinned this topic