Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"A Nightmare On My Street" music video

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Miss Ryane

It did run on mtv or vhs when I was in 6th grade. I saw it a few times...it wasnt on a white background it happened in his bedroom and at one point he was running down the street. He called jeff and begged him not to go to sleep just like in the movie and jeff didnt listen. At one point in the beginning when will wakes up he holds up his sheets and they are all cut in the middle. Will even had freddys sweater on at one point when he was being asked to join freddy but says no and in the end when he thinks its all over and a dream jeff ends up scarying him cause .... I think?....he is freddy. It was one of my favs which is how I stumbled upon this blog....Iwas looking for the vid. Lets hope my girl comes thro=] :thumbsup: she used to tape al kinds of videos when we were younger....I actually remeber alot of it

Guest Miss Ryane

from wikipedia.....Will starts the song off by telling a little about Freddy and then beginning to recall his encounter with him. The story starts off on a Saturday evening when Will, Jazz, and Ready Rock C go on a triple date with three girls where they catch a movie (The original A Nightmare on Elm Street movie). After Will gets home he lays down for the night and supposedly wakes ups sometime after 12:30 from the unusually hot temperature from the heater which has melted his alarm clock. He goes downstairs for something to drink, and as he gets downstairs he notices the TV still on which he finds strange (as he is home alone). Then he hears a voice from behind him and without looking to see who it is, he runs out of the house. He gets half a block before he stops and comes to the realization that what he's experiencing is nothing more than a dream. So he returns home where Freddy grabs him and offers a musical team-up. But Will turns down the offer and Freddy slashes Will's chest. Will, fearful for his life, runs up to his room, and hides in his bed under his sheets. Freddy then hops on the bed on top of Will and starts slashing away with Will trying to fight back. But with sound of Will's alarm clock everything stops. Will looks to see that no one is there and scoffs at what happens. But when he see rips on his sheets he realizes what has happened and quickly calls Jazz to warn him. As the song ends, Will tries to beg Jazz to stay awake, and Jazz suddenly starts screaming with Freddy laughing in the phone's background telling Will, "I'm your DJ now Princey".

The song's release coincided with the fourth Nightmare on Elm Street film "A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master", but producers at New Line Cinema were not pleased. A video allegedly shot for the single was buried, and a disclaimer was hastily included on each pressing indicating that the record and the single was not officially affiliated with the "Nightmare" property. However, Jive Records ended up releasing the soundtrack to the next film, "A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child".

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_on_My_Street"

Guest Khalil Williford

[color="#FF0000"]YEP EVERY ONE IS RIGHT I HAVE BEEN UP A DOWN YAHOO AND GOOGLE AND THOUGH IM ONLY 14 IM A BIG FAN OF JJFP BUT MOST RESOURCE INCLUDING INTERVIEWS SAY THAT THE VIDEO WAS ONLY SHOWN FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS AND IT TAKES THE AVERAGE PERSON ABOUT 6 DAYS TO SEE A NEW VIDEO SO MOST PEOPLE MISSED IT BUT YEAH IT WAS SHOWN ON BOTH MTV AND VHI IM 2 YOUNG SO UNFORTUNATLY I DIDNT SEE IT BUT IM SEACRCHIN AS WE SPEAK AND WILL POST IT IF I FIND IT :hm:

IM SORRY GUYS I COULDNT FIND IT BUT HERES ANOTHER VERSION BY SOME BAND THEY SAY THE EXACT REAL VERSION IS JUST LIKE IT BUT HERE JUST WATTCH THIS ONE IT HAS MAJOR SPECIAL EFFECTS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thats probably the best amateur video I've seen for it! This might be the best thing we have as to what the video was really like!

That was awesome! I loved Freddy doing the running man!

that bit where he said "I was scared as hell" but they play that old person voice over the word "hell" just cracked me up!

ha ha ha

Wasn't that from the opening to You Saw My Blinker?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hero1 pinned this topic
  • Hero1 unpinned this topic