JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Reggaeton become bigger than Hip-Hop?

???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO way, reggaeton is just fashion, even exist sum artist tryin to turn dis genre inot a culture like Hip-Hop, ppl ain stupid nuff to fall in dat lie, cos reggaeton is alie, is just a bad copy of hip-hop.

Just figure reggaeton as culture: "The culture of slappin hotties bootys". dats C-R-A-P

Edited by Luigie

I was thinking that kinda before i posted this...

Reggae+Hip-Hop=Reggaeton

• Members

NO way, reggaeton is just fashion, even exist sum artist tryin to turn dis genre inot a culture like Hip-Hop, ppl ain stupid nuff to fall in dat lie, cos reggaeton is alie, is just a bad copy of hip-hop.

Just figure reggaeton as culture: "The culture of slappin hotties bootys". dats C-R-A-P

Hope you're right. Does it sound a lot down there? Because in spain its increasing along with rap. By the way thats what people from south america listen here, and theres more and more people from there, so i'm not sure it will die in the near future.

reggaeton is the most popular genre here and in whole latinamerica. sadly is also the genre dat brought inmatureness and is the poison of society, dats how i see it. i hate it wit all my streght!, its killin all the lil good sense ppl used to have.

Edited by Luigie

Reggaetone won't get much bigger than what is already is. Those "reggaetone" artists don't really have talent, lyrics, or real beats behind them. I love Reggae and Dancehall...but Reggaetone is awful.

Well I imagine a lot of the kids who like that commercial rap garbage and that teenybop pop out might actually like reggaetone, it basically fits in with all the other wack pop garbage out now if it gets promoted right it could be, it's not like good music sells anymore... :stickpoke: btw, I do like some regaee and dancehall but regaeetone is just wack...

Edited by bigted

Reggaetone won't get much bigger than what is already is. Those "reggaetone" artists don't really have talent, lyrics, or real beats behind them. I love Reggae and Dancehall...but Reggaetone is awful.

:word: AJ i dont get why they say is a mix of Reggae & Rap, i cant find any of em in their songs.

Edited by Luigie