JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Power of A Producer

I was just cleaning out my room and as usual blasting away with my music. 'Coming To The Stage' came on and I thought I'd turn it up a bit more. After the song was done my housemates came downstairs and asked if the song was by The Neptunes coz they thought it was such a good tune. Their face was a picture when I told them it was by Will Smith. They was like 'I don't even like Will Smith but that song was heavy!'

Its amazing to know that there are so many people out there who could be converted to listen to Will's music if they just gave the rest of his albums a listen......not just the singles!

Yeah well I could do that sometimes too, hate on somebody just 'cause I don't like their singles but then I listen to their albums and I see the artist in a whole different light, I actually learned that from seeing people hating on Will to be more open minded before I diss somebody myself...

I always make it a point to play "coming to the stage", "the chosen one" and the party starter outta control remix at every party. It has everyone asking things like whos dat and in the case of the outta control remix many people feel its better than the original one by 50 and Mobb Deep.

It's true. "Haters" only know tracks like "Men in Black", "Gettin' Jiggy wit it" or "Miami".

They never ever heared a full album from Will. That's the problem I have with those

people. How can I criticise a musician if I never heared a full album? It's not possible.

But these people dont't know that and then, when they hear great stuff, they say "wow".

That's typical for those type of people.

Like Jay-Z once said: "Do you fools listen to music?/Or do you just skim through it?", there's always a lot of misconceptions...

Once people listen to the entire album, it makes a big difference, you can't just judge people from their singles, not just Will, but anyone for that matter.

I always make it a point to play "coming to the stage", "the chosen one" and the party starter outta control remix at every party. It has everyone asking things like whos dat and in the case of the outta control remix many people feel its better than the original one by 50 and Mobb Deep.

ahh..thanks for the exposure...Kind of :1-cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I agree, for people give a chance to artists but hearing the whole album. Pretty much, reminds me of my best friend. For he always says negative things about Will Smith and me being a fan, I was really ticked oof at times, for he has never heard a song from him! Still, when I try to make hims hear one of his songs (Tell Me Why), before it reached one minute, he said that song sucked!