JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NICK LACHEY

Now i don't know if i'm on the right board 2 be posting this...but i gotta give my man props.

Let me start off by saying that i slept on 98 Degrees. I HATED boybands back in the day...for obvious reason. I didn't mind 98 Degrees, but since i couldn't stand Backstreet Boys and NSYNC (who now no longer bug me...ha ha), i just couldn't get into them. About the time Newlyweds started airing, i started checking their stuff out. I never imagined that this guy in baggy jeans, a hat 2 the back, and a down 2 earth personality waz the same guy singing those R-N-B pop songs and wearing matching suits in the guy group. Nick just cracked me up on the show...partly cuz i could relate 2 him on some of the stuff he waz going thru' on the show. So i found the groups albums crazy cheap at a used CD store. I always knew they were strongly R-N-B based...but their sound and harmonies made me a fan. 4 guys with a sound that smooth and with people like Montell Jordan and SoulPower behind them impressed me. Well, i pick up his lackluster debut solo album. I couldn't get in2 the uptempo poppish trax so much, but the soulful R-N-B trax were amazing 2 me (check This I Swear, Edge of Heaven, I Fall In Love Again, The Only Place, Open Your Eyes, and On And On).

For a year or 2 i've closely followed his career which led up 2 him previewing his current hit single "What's Left of Me" on AOL. I loved the song...i'm sure most of u remember me tripping out over this song (now accompanied with a video that's getting lots of play). Well, the album dropped this week. While i waz disappointed that Nick put his signature smooth R-N-B style, i really do like this album. He pens most of the album, and it serves as an open letter of his life. Lots of it has him pouring out his heart about his break up, his growth as a person, and a new outlook on life. I love albums where ever lyric has a purpose, and this is one of those albums. The majority of the album is a breezy pop sound filled with pianos and acoustic guitars. His voice adjusts 2 the sound with a more raw sound as opposed 2 his smoother style...which really only shows up on the amazing song (and scheduled single) "Resolution."

That being said, i think this album is gonna be huge. I picked it up Saturday and thought my mom would LOVE it. So i went out 2day 2 get another copy 2 be a part of what i'm getting her for Mother's Day. The album was sold out at Circuit City, Target, K-Mart, and almost sold out at Borders and FYE. It looks like Nick Lachey is on his way 2 a healthy solo career.

I actually saw a special on MTV about Nick Lachey making this album and after seeing that I might wanna check this album out myself...

Replying 2 Fuq....most of the album is definitly taking from his life. After all, pain is the best inspiration. That's what often makes the best songs in every music genre. It makes me wonder what direction his album waz taking b4 all of that.

The album broke out at number 2. Not bad considering his 1st album did next 2 nothing commerically. I just heard the track "Did I Ever Tell You" off the exclusive version available at Target....which i love. If anyone knows when MTV's special on him putting this album 2gether, please post it...cuz i missed it.

I haven't heard the whole album, but the single "What's Left of Me" is a good song, I enjoy it.