JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FACE VALUE OF THE FRESH PRINCE

Yeah Will should spend a year on music and a year on movies, I could live with that, but 3 years of movies and 1 year of music?!! At that rate people'll continue to call him an actor and not a hip-hop artist :bat:

Edited by bigted

Well don't get confused I think he's a great actor too, I like the "Bad Boy" movies, "Men In Black", "Hitch", and "Ali", "6 Degrees...", etc, but I don't want it to get to the point with him doing so much movies that people forget about his rap career, he came in the game as a rap artist and he should get recognition for the work he's put into that, I'd like to see Will win an Oscar in 2007 and a Grammy for best rap album in 2008 or at least nominations in both areas, he deserves credit as an rapper/actor, not just as a great actor and a washed up rapper, you're cool with the fact that Will's acting career has overshadowed his rapping career? I'm not, I want him to be like LL Cool J where people give him credit as an ultimate entertainer who makes great music and movies, LL does 1 album for every movie he does basically, he don't have the face value that Will does in his movies but he's a very good actor too, it's better to compare Will to LL than Snoop in that sense, LL got skills all around, in fact it's like LL could probably actually take a couple years off of rapping 'cause he gets enough credit there already and focus on raising his face value in acting and get an Oscar nomination while with Will I think he could afford to take time off of acting and focus on raising his status as an mc by releasing more albums and getting some Grammy nominations... Will released at least 10 movies in 10 years and only 4 albums in the last 10 years, you're ok with him doing movies every year but doing music every year is too much? I thought music is Will's first love, he sure don't act like it...

Edited by bigted

balance. balance. balance. As a fan thats all I ask for :wiggle:

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

:word: Amen, my brother, that's all I want to, of course if "Tell Me Why" blew up and helped Will get full recognition of a hip-hop artist then maybe I wouldn't be so upset about him doing all these films now, but it didn't so I'm upset :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like he gets more cred from his movie peers, because they are more vocal about that kind of stuff.

You know he has the backs of hundreds of CURRENT GOOD movie stars, but a lot of NOWADAY rappers try to diss em... or Wave Em Off

Anyways... As long as he puts one more album, I can continue spinning Lost and Found and be happy

Remember no Big Rapper other than 50 and Kanye push an album every year