JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FACE VALUE OF THE FRESH PRINCE

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly has a feature that talks about how much various celebrity actors make for their movies. Under Tom Cruise and right next 2 Tom Hanks and Jim Carrey, ranks the Fresh Prince. Here's the lil' paragragh they have next 2 his cheezy grin...

"WILL SMITH

$25 Million

Almost everybody in Hollywood agrees that the Fresh Prince offers the biggest bang for the buck today. He's one of the few stars who consistently fills seats - Hitch hit $178 million despite so-so reviews - and he isn't shy about promoting his movies. A bargain, even at this price."

The feature is on page 38...i just wanted 2 share this with everyone. The following male actors are UNDER him in this feature...Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe, Ben Stiller, Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Matt Damon, Will Farrell, Eddie Murphy, Harrison Ford, John Travolta. They have various actors under certain categorys (stating if they are worth that price). FP is under the category WORTH EVERY PENNY along with Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, and Reese Witherspoon.

Well I guess making $25 million dollars each film is the reason why he doesn't make that much music anymore, maybe if a record label offered him $30 million then he'd have an album out this summer and if it's another classic it'd be worth them investing every penny into him like that, lol, that seems like that's what it'd take, doing 5 movies for 1 album shows that it's all about the money even though he denies that but at least he ain't as bad as Queen Latifah who's done like 20 since her last rap album or Marky Mark who just quit rap altogether, it breaks my heart though 'cause I defend him, I guess it's better to be famous for something rather than being slept on all together if he just did music all the time, basically critics do have a point when they say that he don't count as a hip-hop artist anymore and is just an actor, it won't be like the JJFP days anymore where he'll do 5 albums in 7 years with lots of touring, that's reality, as fans I guess we should just celebrate what he did a lot back then, does once in a while now with music, and respect that he's successful as a full time actorather than if he was gone from the spotlight altogether, like what Xzibit says rings true sort of except you could say $25 million instead of $20 million: "Sometimes I feel like Will Smith, Why should I rap since I could make $20 million a flick?", the music industry don't have respect for the artists anyway so I guess they gotta do what they gotta do then, it makes me sad that Flava Flav is doing all these stupid reality shows rather than releasing his solo album but I guess he gotta get paid too, can't be that mad about it but I just wish labels would pay artists better, this should be Willywood anyway...

Edited by bigted

Sometimes I wish Will was like Snoop Dogg where his acting sucks so they could talk about his music more and nobody would be begging him to do films and he could have time to record more music, I just don't like it how his acting career overshadowed his rap career, it's like Will could keep on releasing classic albums since he's in a creative groove with what he did on "Lost and Found" but now that he's doing all these movies that shuts down that creative groove :paperbag:

Sometimes I wish Will was like Snoop Dogg where his acting sucks so they could talk about his music more and nobody would be begging him to do films

Not sure that Will would be happy about that.

:bat: :hmm: :rofl: :stickpoke: :thumbdown: :hmm: :word: :rockon:

Let the man do what he loves doing. Who are any of us to say that he should be doing one thing over the other. None of us are living the life he is living. Like it has been recently mentioned in another post, we have to accept that Will is also an actor as well as a rapper. We have to just get on with the fact that we probably won't get as much music as we'd like from him.

I just don't think theres any need or good to be making comments wishing him not to have a successful acting career. Why would you say that?

Theres other artists out there to fill that void!

Let the man do what he loves doing. Who are any of us to say that he should be doing one thing over the other. None of us are living the life he is living. Like it has been recently mentioned in another post, we have to accept that Will is also an actor as well as a rapper. We have to just get on with the fact that we probably won't get as much music as we'd like from him.

I just don't think theres any need or good to be making comments wishing him not to have a successful acting career. Why would you say that?

:sipread:

You know as a fan I don't really wish Will to fail in anything he does, I want to see people recognise him for his music as much/more as his films 'cause he puts a lot of work in, I don't know man I was just trippin' out 'cause I was reading that article on a hip-hop site talking about how Will only got mentioned 'cause he's an actor and he don't count as a rapper in being among the top 100 people in the world, I'm usually the one that likes to focus on the positive things that people say about Will but that upset me, I figure that hip-hop media would embrace Time recognising a hip-hop legend but I guess not, btw I thought that Will was angry that people consider more of an actor as a rapper when he released "Lost and Found", he was talking about how his acting career was killing the rapper inside of him, but I guess I worry about it more than he does, how could somebody seriously say that he felt heartbroken that he was doing more movies than music but then turn around to do nothin' but movies rather than music?

I thought he says he don't do it for money, he should take a couple years off from shootin'/promoting any films if he really feels that way, he's caving in to the criticism, they tell him a million times that he's a better actor than rapper and now he's brainwashed by that, the critics want him to do more movies than music and he's going along to it, I wanna see him prove them wrong, where's the competitive fire that I thought he had for hip-hop: "My flame for hip-hop burns eternal", ok we see him on Access Hollywood more than we do see him freestylin' on Rap City so how deep is the love for hip-hop Will? The glass is half empty the way I'm ranting here, but most rappers his age have the glass empty, so half full ain't as bad as I make out to be but I mean damn, you really think Will's happier that more people want him to do movies than people want him to do music? Hip-hop is not only a part of his career but a huge part of his life, so I'd imagine he'd feel more hurt.... Do you think the criticism of him as a rapper makes him not want to record, do you think maybe he's tired of being dissed?... Btw, I like a lot of other artists but Will's my favorite one, I guess if he does 5 movies for each album I'll be one of the few that'll actually consider him one of the best mcs, I do think it's ridiculous that you have to do albums all the time to get respect, people should appreciate him already, "Lost and Found" is one of the best albums of this decade, people should give him credit for that, it should be quality over quanity, the rap game is messed up, ultimately though I really'd like him to release a few dope albums over a few years to make up for the other wack rappers releasing wack albums and getting credit for it, like I was saying if you're in the creative groove as a recording artist, why stop and run off to do movies? I don't think he needs to drop an album every year but he could keep bangin' out hit after hit after hit if he really wanted to after hearing "Lost and Found", I know he could, it's dissapointing that he's putting the rapper inside of him away for another 5 films instead....

It does bother me a lil' bit that he don't get credit for his music 'cause he's my favorite recording artist and you know I'd be happier if Entertainment Weekly did an article on how much Will gives back rather than focus on how much he makes, it's like I don't really care how much he makes, it's like I wanna see him as the most generous entertainer, not the most rich entertainer, that don't feel right...

Edited by bigted