JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Master P Filing $500 Mill. Lawsuit To Columbia Records

bigted

Check this out, this is some funny ****, I hope he wins the lawsuit so that wack label that screwed Will over could die off ... :kekeke:

Master P Claims Sony Exec's Blocking Lil' Romeo, Filing $500 Million Lawsuit

By EbenGregory

Date: 5/5/2006 6:40 pm

Hip-Hop mogul Master P said he is filing a $500 million lawsuit against Sony Music, alleging that its executives are trying to keep Lil' Romeo's, "U Can't Shine Like Me" from getting played on radio.

The song, which responds to Bow Wow's "Fresh Azimiz," began playing on Los Angeles radio station KKBT in February.

Apparently the beef between the young stars started when Lil' Romeo took offense to the track, "Fresh Azimiz," which the Miller's considered a shot in their direction.

In "U Can't Shine Like Me," Romeo responds by saying he could take Bow Wow's "chick," and the video features a woman resembling Ciara, the pop star Bow Wow dated until recently.

Since debuting several weeks ago, it has been streamed more than 700,000 times on Yahoo! Music.

The record is not enjoying the same success on the radio stations in the United States.

According to monitoring charts, only three stations in the U.S. have added the song to rotation - KKBT, WQUE in New Orleans, and WEMX in Baton Rogue.

According to Master P, unnamed Sony Music executives have been calling radio stations, demanding that Lil Romeo's record not be played.

"How can Sony Music executives call radio stations and tell them not to play the Romeo record "U Can't Shine Like Me?" an inquisitive Master P asked AllHipHop.com. "Los Angeles was the first city to play it. Usually, if you get played in Hollywood, the world will follow. Every station that played the Bow Wow song should have at least tested the record once or twice or played it on their 'Hit or Dis' show by now."

"I had a distribution deal on the table with Jive Records that fell through the crack - hint. Sony BMG," Master P continued. "I wonder why. Jive is a Sony BMG label. Sony BMG is the parent label for Bow Wow's label, Columbia Records.

"There is no beef with us and Bow," Master P explained. "We got love for the little dude. He just doesn't know when to shut his mouth. His arrogance and cockiness are turning fans and their parents off."

According to Master P, Romeo's upcoming LP, God's Gift is scheduled for an August 22 release with or without major label distribution.

Lil' Romeo will also tour to support the album.

Representatives for Sony Music were not available as of press time.

For more information on Romeo's new album, log on to http://www.guttarmusic.com.

Edited by bigted

Oh gosh. Master P is an idiot. When artists come up with stuff like this, it's just a pathetic disillusion in their own head cuz they can't grasp on2 the idea that people don't care about their music anymore. Pretty much ever artist who does music just for fame and money goes thru' this. And Lil' Romeo...come on. His music has never been good...that's why he's not generating sales and getting airplay. Bow Wow may be cocky and annoying these days...but he's music has always been better than theirs.

Yo AJ since when does good music have to do with sales and airplay? So Mike Jones, Ying Yang Twins, G-Unit, Nelly, etc. make the best music like Bow Wow according to that statement right? Not saying that Lil' Romeo's a good artist but it's obvious that people wanna hear his song 'cause 700,000 people streamed it on Yahoo, I wished that the same amount of people signed the petition for "Tell Me Why", if Master P could sue Columbia why can't Will sue Interscope for not releasing "Tell Me Why"? It's a shame so many people would like either Bow Wow or Romeo 'cause they're both wack, it's obvious if that many people are listening to the song then you figure the radio would pick up the airplay along with the other wack songs on the radio that I don't bother to listen to much, it wouldn't surprise me if Bow Wow did something like that 'cause he doesn't seem to be mature, that's kinda low in my opinion if he'd be scared of Romeo getting airplay, lol, if he's scared of Romeo dissin' him then he might as well quit rapping forever since he'll never get respect in the rap game by any rap fan over 18 years old, it's sad to see that the rap industry is dictated by what lil' girls like to listen to instead of what real hip-hop heads like...

Edited by bigted

Yeah even Will wants money and fame though, I don't think anybody wants to fail, if he was making a lawsuit like this you'd back him up on it, every artist has a right to fight for their chance to get airplay, especially if there's thousands of people saying that they wanna hear it then that means the radio should play it, and the reason why it's $500 million dollar lawsuit here so it could put pressure on the label but Master P would only get a small percentage if he won the lawsuit but that might be Bow Wow's publishing and he won't be able to rap again, I hope that happens and a real mc that gets slept on takes his place, I seriously wish Bow Wow could trade places on the charts with Public Enemy, he could sell 5,000 albums while Public Enemy sell 800,000, that way Columbia would get pressure to sign better artists if they wanna stay in buisiness, it's about time the wack artists fall off the charts...

Edited by bigted

Yo AJ since when does good music have to do with sales and airplay?

What i waz saying waz that Master P's and Lil' Romeo's music has always sucked. In Hip-Hop and Rap, commerical fame is usually a passing thing that doesn't last more than 5 years for an artist...if that. The only reason people like FP and LL and Snoop are still in the game and have comparable levels of fame 2 earlier in their careers is cuz they put in the time, have heart 4 what they do, and usually put out high quality stuff. People like Master P make crappy music and it becomes a popular trendy thing for a song or 2...or about 5 years of fame. Then it fades away or turns in2 a lower level of fame 4 the rest of the career. So when people like Master P see that their commerical career is dead 4 the most part, and your son, your only hope of more fame and income, isn't doing what u expected. U get all bent out of shape...so u start relying on gimmicks and becoming bitter at the game.

Bow Wow's music sucks just as bad as their music does, he makes lightweight pop rap songs that he don't even write for that matter, it's like crap vs. crap here, I hope they cancel each other out personally, real artists are the only ones who have long careers I feel you there, Bow Wow's fame is gonna run dry too once the lil' girls find somebody else to listen to, what makes you think he's gonna have a long career?

Edited by bigted

Now AJ, you bring up about how Snoop has had so much success in the rap game but you gotta remember that Snoop gives props to Master P for helping him learn more about how the rap industry is when he left Death Row and signed to No Limit, Master P gave Snoop a lot of financial advice, Master P's like Puffy and Jay-Z, even if you don't like their music, you can't deny the way that they do buisiness, they have something to fall back on but with Bow Wow all he got is rapping, he's another dime-a-dozen basically, once he loses his record deal he'll be back to the unemployment line, Bow Wow's been in the spotlight for about the last 5 years, basically his time's up too, he ain't gonna have no 20 year career like LL, it was a joke that he compared himself to being the next LL, no hip-hop head would ever put those 2 in the same sentence, he lives in his own dilusional world, just like when he said mcs don't need to write their own rhymes to be great lyricists, get out of here? lol This kid spits on the hip-hop game by making such disgraceful comments, he's a disgrace to be called hip-hop, more like hip-pop, one bar on any LL's album is better than any line Bow Wow'll ever write, if he ever writes, it's obvious that Snoop was on heavy weed when he discovered this kid 'cause he's a joke...

Edited by bigted