JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who hates it when a artist rereleases a album 1-3 monthes later?

I just thinks it's annoying...What about you?

Edited by markwinfield1

Yeah I don't buy re-releases either, unless I was thinking about buying the original and didn't get around to it before the re-release comes out so then I'll buy the re-release in that case, it's usually an extra single that didn't make the album so it's easy to download or tape off the radio instead of spending money to buy the whole album again, it's done for the record labels to make more money...

Edited by bigted

Same here. I just download the extra songs.

Reason usual they only do 1-3, is because if they add any more, it counts as a whole new album and sales start from 0 again. At least, that was the case when Mariah Carey did her's with 'Emancipation of Mimi'.

Well, i love bonus trax and remixes...so i love re-releases. But since i usually get albums when they 1st drop, it is annoying and a waste of money. I also get Import versions of albums if i a REALLY like the artists 4 the bonus material. But if i really like them, i got the regular/US version when it 1st dropped. Every year i usually sell some of CDs 2 a used CD place or give some away 2 friends. That's how i usually unload the original versions that i no longer need.

Well, i love bonus trax and remixes...so i love re-releases. But since i usually get albums when they 1st drop, it is annoying and a waste of money. I also get Import versions of albums if i a REALLY like the artists 4 the bonus material. But if i really like them, i got the regular/US version when it 1st dropped. Every year i usually sell some of CDs 2 a used CD place or give some away 2 friends. That's how i usually unload the original versions that i no longer need.

oh yeah we all can see dat (for those who dont know wat im talkin bout check AJ's topic showin his collection)

I was stupid enough to that with Akon's album.. But the worst part is that i had all those remixes on my computer.. So that was waste of money... :thumbdown:

And Will's Greatest Hits.. I bought it, but I almost have all of is cd's.. But this was not waste of my money. :wickedwisdom:

Peace

Edited by Pakalicous

Here's a ?uestion 4 those who really hate re-releases. Would u be the 1st in line 2 pick up a newly released version of Lost + Found if it happened? I would hope so.

Hell yeah I would sinceWill's my favorite artist, there's no question I'd buy anything that he releases if I could afford it that is, I'm usually picky one what I usually buy other than my favorite artists, so I give support to my favorite artists the most,I got the Sony's release of Will's

greatest hits even though there wasn't nothing new on it, I bought LL Cool J's "10" just for the song with J-Lo, I bought the 10-year anniversary edition of Nas' "Illmatic",

I only had Boyz II Men albums on tape back in the '90s but I got all them on CD,I support my favorite artists like that, probably if it's somebody I like less I'll just download or tape off the radio when it comes to the bonus songs,that'd be dope if that happened with "L&F", unless Will wants to get out of his contract there then maybe that'd be a possibility, it seems highly unlikely though, most re-releases are from artists that I don't even like that much to even buy their album right away...

Here's a ?uestion 4 those who really hate re-releases. Would u be the 1st in line 2 pick up a newly released version of Lost + Found if it happened? I would hope so.

Well theres a difference between 3 months and 1 year.