JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I think FP should go on Def Jam

Going to Def Jam would be the best for Will, it'd be like Nas going to Def Jam, Will basically has the same problem that Nas has had by having wack beats on his recent albums, but now with Nas going to Def Jam he's working with the best producers like Kanye and Just Blaze, the reason why Jay and LL have been so consistant over the years 'cause they don't choose to rap over wack beats but I think Nas and Will both have the problem and that's why their sales have been up and down a lil' bit more 'cause the production has been steller at times(ie"Illmatic"/"Stillmatic", "Code Red"/"Willenium") and inconsistant other times(ie "Street's Disciple"/"Lost and Found") and I think that if Will goes there he'd be in the position like Nas in finally having the top notch producers needed to fit with the top notch rhymes, if he's gonna have anybody else on the album produce for him besides Jazzy it should only be those on the level of Just Blaze or Kanye, no more no name sub par producers....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Z has a tight relationship with a lot of Hip Hop's Amazing/Better Known Producers, like Kanye, Just Blaze, Timbo, Premier, 9th wonder, Neptunes...Now add jazzy jeff to that. How dope of an album could that be?

honestly, I want to hear an album, from Will, with production from guys like that. Something different. Something you KNOW is going to be fire, even though you don't know exactly what it'd sound like. It's just something i've been wanting for a long time.

It would be superb production, no doubt about it. I have always wanted to hear him on a Swizz Beatz beat, something fast and uptempo.

Well.. LL`s on Def Jam and none of those producer where on the album. The biggest names where The Neptunes, and Scot Stroch.. And they are Interscoop Producers, most of the time. If Will wants producers like Kanye etc he can get them now. Just caus he would be on Def Jam wont make him stp to look for new talent I guess. Still Def Jam would be better for him.

Jay-Z is a joke 2 me. And i'll never be okay that he's heading Def Jam. Ne-Yo and Rihanna are some of my favorite new artists, but they aren't exactly carrying on the Def Jam legacy. LL Cool J is the only person doing that. Tierra Marie seems like she could be a real talent...but her album (put 2gether by "The Carter Administration") just doesn't display it properly. I just can't be totally okay with the idea of FP, a Hip-Hop pioneer, taking orders from someone like Jay-Z. It's just not right.

Eyy stop dissing Jay-Z...I don't think you should take shots at legends that's just somethin u don't do. And what about Jay-Z is a joke to you?? he's made it from rag to riches and until u can do the same...Don't speak on the subject!!! Jay deserves to do what he does he's good to Hip-Hop and without him Hip-Hop would be even worse than it is today... So AJ shut the **** up!!! I don't mean to be rude but i hate dissing and if u can't find anything of more intelligence to wright trust me just sit abck and relax don't write anything. i don't really wan't to do this cause maybe i got you all wrong but take this peace of adcie and do somethin concrete wit it..Trust me it will do you good!!!

PS.Don't take it personal...this is to everyone that's dissing jay-z on the forum!!!.DS

ok let's stop this

AJ doesn't like Jay-Z and thats fine, lots of people here don't. AJ likes old school hip-hop and Jay-Z is not that. u can't tell him he doesnt have the right to speak on the subject just because u disagree with him and u dont have the right to tell him to shut the **** up. AJ has been part of the forums for 7 or 8 years, you havent even been here for 1, so try to learn some respect to some of the knowledgeable hip hop heads around here. AJ never made it a personal attack against anybody, you just did.

I personally don't understand why Jay-Z' being brought up in the first place, he doesn't own Def Jam, being president of the label is not the biggest position of the label, there's other executives ahead of him that have more power on the label than he does but they're not in the spotlight like Jay-Z so they don't get publicity, and the major thing that I care about is that Def Jam is a hip-hop label first and foremost, Will wants more recognition as a hip-hop artist so being on a record label that knows how to promote hip-hop is important, 2 of the best commercial albums this year in LL's "Todd Smith" and Ghostface's "Fishscale" has been released on this label, it's the only major record label that cares about quality hip-hop, not gimmicks... Columbia and Jive are more pop oriented labels and it's obvious that Interscope only promotes gangsta rap, but all types of mcs have gotten promotion on Def Jam, what other major label is better hip-hop oriented than Def Jam? It's basically the Motown of hip-hop...The best producers and mcs have been there way before Jay-Z came along as an artist, most of the greatest albums in hip-hop history has been released on that label, it has a great legacy of hip-hop, Will deserves to be on there is what I'm saying, it makes a lot of sense for his legacy...

Edited by bigted