JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

Warner Bros Plans More ‘I Am Legend’ With Will Smith

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed deals with Akiva Goldsman and Overbrook Entertainment to do another installment of I Am Legend, the 2007 hit film. The intention is for Will Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, who was the last man on Earth doing battle with a mutated mob in New York City after an apocalyptic man-made virus wiped out the population. A deal was made with Arash Amel to write the script. The film is not being called a prequel, which had been rumored for the past few years. But clearly Warner Bros sees more room to roam on a film that grossed $584 million worldwide. The original film is based on the novel by Richard Matheson.

Smith won’t commit until the script is ready and I haven’t heard yet where I Am Legend director Francis Lawrence stands on the whole thing. The other quandary is this: If it isn’t a prequel, how to get past Smith’s character’s demise at the first film’s end? These of course are semantics in the tentpole game. Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are casting a continuation of 300, another hit film where all the major characters croaked. Amel is a hot scribe; his script Grace Of Monaco, the film about Grace Kelly that will be directed by La Vie En Rose‘s Olivier Dahan with Pierre-Ange Le Pogam producing and financing, has all the young actresses salivating. Buyers are also waiting to pounce. CAA made the deals.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/warner-bros-plans-more-i-am-legend/

• 2 months later...

Speaking to Radio 1's Chris Moyles, the 43-year-old actor revealed producers are working on I Am Legend II but that he was unlikely to take part.

When asked if he would be involved, Smith said: "Probably not.

"Producers are working on it. I'm not actually working on it.

"If it's great, I'm into it. I don't want to be the sequel guy. I figure I've got about six or seven more years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18084043

Edited by Ale

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe’s Pitch For ‘I Am Legend’ Reboot
EXCLUSIVE: After years of trying, Warner Bros finally has found a way to extend its hit Will Smith last-man-on-Earth blockbuster I Am Legend into a potential new franchise. The studio is working on a reboot that isn’t meant to star Smith, who has been reluctant to do sequels and so far has avoided a reprise in Independence Day 2. Warner is retrofitting A Garden At The End Of The World, a spec script that the studio bought back in April from Gary Graham, who was working at the Apple store in midtown Manhattan when he posted his script on the Black List website and got the attention of CAA and manager Brooklyn Weaver. They signed him and sent his script out. Amid several bids, Warner Bros acquired what was described as a sci-fi version of John Wayne’s The Searchers. When Graham was brought in to rewrite his script, the studio by then had talked to the I Am Legend producers and noted enough similarities to the themes and mythology of that film that they asked the scribe to consider a redraft to fit that property.
Original I Am Legend producers Akiva Goldsman of Weed Road, Overbrook’s James Lassiter and Safehouse Pictures’ Joby Harold are on board to produce, along with Vertigo’s Roy Lee, and Weaver. The studio made a previous attempt to prequelize Legend, hiring Arash Amel to write a script that would have brought Smith’s Robert Neville scientist character back, right before the calamitous events that left him alone on the planet. They just couldn’t figure it out and scrapped the attempt. The 2007 original grossed $586 million worldwide, $256 million of it domestic.
This would not be the first time that a free-standing script was retrofitted to extend a franchise. The Jonathan Hensleigh script Simon Says was turned into Die Hard With A Vengeance; George Nolfi’s script Honor Among Thieves became the basis for Ocean’s Twelve and most recently, Adam Cozad’s Dubai into the Jack Ryan reboot. As for Graham, he is now a long way from selling iPhones and is making a solid living as a New York-based screenwriter. CAA and Weaver still rep Graham, along with lawyer Jeff Frankel. WB’s Andy Fischel is overseeing this. Jonathan Krauss and Ian Puente, who were very involved when this project was sold as an original, will be exec producers.

• 1 year later...

7 'I Am Legend' Movie Mistakes You Missed

Okay, first of all, let me say that videos like this will never change the fact that I love this movie and it's still one of my favourites of Will. But I also love movie curiosities and, why not, movie mistakes. 

So here's a video with some mistakes from 'I Am Legend'. I knew some of them, but not all of them. "Enjoy" ;)

Edited by Ale

Sometimes videos like this are fun, but this one is lame.  The mistakes weren't interesting enough for the video to be this long. Another thing that annoys me about videos like this when the narrator is arrogant. This narrator isn't the worst, but he acts like the mistakes are so much more interesting than they actually are.  Did anyone here him say "How is that impossible?" when he meant to say "How is that even possible?"  lol

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...