JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

I Am Legend -- "We are seeing mutations. Cannibalistic hunger. Typical human behavior is now entirely absent." Other movies will garner the Oscar nominations this season, but this apocalyptic thriller, starring Will Smith, should rule the box office. Its "last man on Earth" storyline comes from a 1958 book, but you may recognize it from the 1971 film "Omega Man."

http://www.silive.com/entertainment/tvfilm...lm_preview.html

Edited by Ale

folks aren't gonna be happy to hear this...... :sipread:

TAKE FIVE

Will Smith as the last human

Inquirer

Last updated 09:19pm (Mla time) 11/26/2007

MANILA, Philippines—The last man on Earth…is not alone.

In the Warner Bros. action adventure “I Am Legend,” the big-screen adaptation of the legendary novel by Richard Matheson, Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but he could not contain an unstoppable, incurable, man-made virus. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City—and maybe the world.

For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages: “My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. If there is anybody out there… Please.”

But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague—The Infected—lurk in the shadows… watching Neville’s every move… waiting for him to make a fatal mistake.

Directed by Francis Lawrence, “I Am Legend” is written for the screen by Mark Protosevich and Akiva Goldsman, based on the screenplay by John William and Joyce H. Corrington.

Following are excerpts from an interview with the Hollywood A-list actor:

What attracted you to this film?

It’s the last thing you expect. I read the script almost 10 years ago and I just love how bold it is… the last man on earth.

How do you feel about the character; is there anything of you in him?

It was some of the opposite of who I am in the character that intrigued me—it’s rare that I feel alone and actually am alone.

As an actor, how difficult is it to prepare for a role where you don’t have other actors with whom to interact?

Fortunately, I’ve made special effects movies a lot, so there’s a whole lot of green screen stuff where you’re actually acting by yourself or with a green tennis ball that’s supposed to be a monster. So, my experience has made me feel comfortable in those situations.

Do you consider this film to be sci-fi, or sci-fact – how real do you think is this situation?

The types of movies I’m trying to make now are non-genre. I’m trying to fit the small “art movies” into the middle of the big, stellar, blockbuster casing. I think that with “I Am Legend,” the design is non-genre. The movie is designed around the exploration of the trauma the person experiences. We’re trying not to allow the genre to dictate what the scene can be.

Have you always liked to do sci-fi films in the past?

I have always loved sci-fi. This movie is more of a throwback to the days before lots of big special effects came in, when science fiction was all story. In this film all the concentration is on character and story. The special effects are this added bonus that just keeps punching you in the face when you least expect it.

How physical a role is this for you?

There’s not a lot of hand-to-hand combat with the Dark Seekers (the mutants of the film); it’s mostly from a distance, and because of the nature of their strength and speed, you can’t really fight them up close. It was mostly running and shooting.

I believe your daughter is in the film?

Yes. Well, my last film, “The Pursuit of Happyness,” was with my son, Jaden, and my daughter just wasn’t having that. She wasn’t happy about that at all.

There was a role for a daughter in this script, in the pre-apocalyptic section where I’m trying to get my family out of New York, so there are a couple of scenes with my daughter, Willow, who is 6 years old.

How different was the experience compared with doing the music video?

It’s a hugely different experience. There’s no dialogue in music videos, which makes it a completely different skill set.

How much time do you devote to music now?

No music at all. Specifically, with “I Am Legend,” I think that I’m hitting a stride right now and as an actor I’m growing exponentially with every project.

How about writing and producing?

There’s a filmmaking process that me and Akiva Goldsman have been developing. We’re looking at it in terms of a team sport and not in the old school. You put together a team and you go out as a team and try to win.

“I Am Legend” opens soon in local theaters.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entert...ticle_id=103223

Edited by MissAshley

Six "I Am Legend" Posters

Today we have six Korean posters for the upcoming Will Smith film "I Am Legend." They feature major cities all over the world (Paris, London and more) in complete ruins.

"I Am Legend" follows Robert Neville (Smith), the last human being on earth. A mysterious plague has transformed all humans into an army of vampires and Neville spends each day preparing for the battles he must wage at night in order to survive.

Directed by Francis Lawrence (Constantine), the film hits conventional and IMAX theaters on December 14th.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6742

Edited by Ale

I Am Legend PG-13

'Bradley' has been playing close attention to the TV spots for multiple tentpoles coming our way this December and has recently noticed that I Am Legend has (finally) been rated PG-13.

I Am Legend PG-13

No surprise here. The film looked like it could be R, but there is nothing better than PG-13 for a film such as this during the month of December; family films have been a hit this season. R would have excited me a bit, sure, but sometimes the studios have to play it safe.

I've been watching the TV spots for I Am Legend every night and had begun to wonder when Warner Bros. would finally get this thing screened by the MPAA. It seems they have, as the TV spots now come stamped with the PG-13 rating along with the film's official site.

Why PG-13?

Intense sequences of sci fi action and violence.

http://www.canmag.com/nw/9742-i-am-legend-pg-13

Edited by Ale

• Admin

do you want a movie about vampires to be pg-13? well having read the book i dont think theres that much violence for them to use to get an R.. there are some naked female vampires who tempt neville with their flesh tho.. obviously WB wanted PG-13 to maximize profits..and what WB wants WB gets