JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

Why do i always read spoilers lol, ok im going to comment on the spoiler so dont read if u dont wanna know.

SPOILER

maybe im just being emo but he should die at the end, anything else just seems a little silly, altho i'd rather it ended the new way other than an open ending, it would annoy me so much if i never knew what happened.

• Admin

I agree with Hero, it sounds like we are getting a "happy ending".

Spoilers...

The ending was already totally changed from the book. In the book, Neville dies hence completing the fact that he is Legend, the last human. In the screenplay I read, Neville and the two people he's with(Anna and a little kid named Ethan) get in their car and leave New York City. Anna has heard rumors of a community in Vermont or somewhere like that. That's how the screenplay ends, you don't know if they find anything, it's open ended.

Now it sounds like the movie will end with them arriving in the community and finding other survivors..yeah a happy ending!!! Uggg....

this is truly horrific! the whole point of the novel "I Am Legend" is the ending.. ahh typical hollywood.. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

WB Establishes I Am Legend Community

Source: ShockTillYouDrop.com,Warner Bros.

November 13, 2007

Warner Bros. has set up a special online promotion for I Am Legend (opening December 14th) starring Will Smith and Alice Braga.

I-AM-IMMUNE.com is the ultimate community for people who want the full I Am Legend experience. Along with an online campaign, I-AM-IMMUNE.com - the official community for I Am Legend - will give members exclusive access to information about the film, a chance to voice their own opinion, online & street challenges, free swag, daily updates, message boards, insane prizing and the opportunity to see the biggest movie stars of the year at the largest movie premiere of the century.

As a member of I-AM-IMMUNE.com, your objective is to stay active to stay immune. Members will be tasked with weekly online challenges to help promote the site and film, along with 3 offline challenges, which will give members the opportunity to earn free swag and chance to win a VIP Trip for 2 to New York City for the world premiere of I Am Legend at Madison Square Garden (air fare and hotel stay are covered).

In terms of Street Challenge's, member's of I-AM-IMMUNE.com will visit a section of the site - called Street Challenges - where they will be tasked with going to a specific location, on a specific day and time within their city (one of 14 markets) to pickup an exclusive swag item, which will contain a code that must be entered into the Street Challenges section of the site. Once the code is entered, they will be eligible to win prizes and gain access to the next Street Challenge.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=3579

http://www.i-am-immune.com/

Found this on some guy's blog... sounds like were getting a happy ending thanks to morans at a test screening.

link: http://www.xanga.com/KidFallout/626035362/i-am-legend.html

I Am Legend

So contrary to my IMDBing to figure out which Will Smith flick it was, they wheren't filming Hancock down the road but it turns out to be an alternate ending to I Am Legend, a movie I was super siked about before anyway, but now am more excited because me and a few of my students where allowed to be extras in it.

Apparantly an original scene wasn't testing well so they descided to put together a new one. I didn't read the extras sheet I signed to closeley so I don't know what I can and can't talk about except that we're in a crowd shot walking up a road together, I did it like 16 times, some of my students had been there all day and did it like 30 times. Now I was only in about 16 takes of the shot, and there where about 15 more I wasn't in so the probability any of my takes being in the alternate scene is about 50/50 and then the chances of the scene being in the film itself is debatable so we may have to wait for DVD (they said the footage would end up on the DVD no matter what), but it was awesome. Although I was in every one of the airial takes as they didn't start the copter shots until well after I got there, so I may be one of the small specks marching up the road...

They built this whole fake gate at the edge of this town nearby and told us they where going to, through the power of CGI put a wall around the whole town and add/remove some buildings.

Will Smith actually hung out with the extras and took pictures, unfortunitly I am no match for a swarm of teens, so I only got to be in the crowd and didn't get to talk to him, but he was a shockingly nice guy, he had been filming the same scene for about 5 hours by that point but still came over with a smile and spent time with everybody and even started conversations with people and set up pictures etc. before being called back for more takes.

We also where allowed in the craft services area to have snacks and got to talk with the production staff about how the film was going. The funniest part was when the production assistant came over to dismiss us and said "Thank you all for coming out and taking part in the shockingly boring process of filmmaking"

It was a really cool experience, except that it was cold, and I had to park really far away

Edited by Radewart

• Admin

Found this on some guy's blog... sounds like were getting a happy ending thanks to morans at a test screening.

I told you Radewart! I was soo right.. Will Smith shouldn't even be in this scene, he's supposed to be dead.. anyway I read the novel, I Am Legend.. Its a fantastic book.. and this whole hollywood thing is so typical, I shouldn't be surprised.. but it still dissapoints me :noooo:

Great read Tim, good article. And the 12 monkeys reference was on point.

I can't express how dissapointed and furious I am, I didn't want to believe it but after all it seems to be true.

I read the book love the book and seeing this news got me pissed off. I lost whatever hype I had for this movie, whatever interest. The reason why the book is called I AM LEGEND is because of the ENDING. If you change the ending why call it I AM LEGEND ? In that case, RENAME THE MOVIE TOO. Make it something like ''I AM IMMORTAL'', yeah the crowd will love that, that's a happy ending title right ?

SHAME.

I AM RESHOOTS
By Devin Faraci

Just the other day I got the invite for the I Am Legend junket here in Los Angeles at the end of the month. They'll be showing us the film, obviously, but it sounds like they're going to have to go double time in the editing room to get it finished: I have confirmed that there were reshoots on the movie as late as last week.

What's not confirmed is what has been reshot. My source tells me that the ending was redone, as the studio wasn't happy with the finale that director Francis Lawrence had. Since I know that Lawrence's ending was already unfaithful to Richard Matheson's original story, I can only imagine that the new ending is more action packed and even more upbeat than before.

This is the kind of thing that makes me look forward to the eventual book about the making of the film or Lawrence's life; we won't get the full story as to why the ending had to be changed or why it had to be changed so late in the game during the upcoming press deluge for the film, and nobody will go on the record with the truth for a good long time.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12571

Edited by Ale

Reshoots on I Am Legend?

Source: CHUD.com

November 15, 2007

Next to Frank Darabont's The Mist, Warner Bros.' upcoming I Am Legend adaptation could have boasted one of the second bleakest finales in horror this year. Could have. Word through the grapevine is that director Francis Lawrence strayed from Richard Matheson's source material (big surprise) - for what, we're not sure.

CHUD's Devin Feraci has confirmed that reshoots on "Legend" wrapped as late as last week...less than a month before the film is shown to us press fiends. Sources tell Feraci that the ending was re-shot, one more thing to add to the grocery list of problems we've heard this film has faced over the last year.

There have been rumors of multiple FX houses being hired and dumped to the point where one crew shirt listed all of the teams involved on back like some concert city listing. Except some names were crossed off to mark fallen comrades whose work went unused or abandoned.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=3615

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda disappointed with Will. I still think he is a great actor, but he always plays it safe. He's a huge star and if he wanted to keep the ending bleak, he could of. However, I think he's following what the studio thinks and wants to please a mass audience. I, Robot was the same way. Even Pursuit of Happyness was too schmaltzy. I liked the movie, but it should of been a harder look at homelessness and the society that created it. Where's all that talk about wanting to sneak a smart, indie movie in a big blockbuster? Maybe the movie wouldn't of made 200 million, but it would of earned praise as actually really good film that people talk about years later.

• Admin

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda disappointed with Will. I still think he is a great actor, but he always plays it safe. He's a huge star and if he wanted to keep the ending bleak, he could of. However, I think he's following what the studio thinks and wants to please a mass audience. I, Robot was the same way. Even Pursuit of Happyness was too schmaltzy. I liked the movie, but it should of been a harder look at homelessness and the society that created it. Where's all that talk about wanting to sneak a smart, indie movie in a big blockbuster? Maybe the movie wouldn't of made 200 million, but it would of earned praise as actually really good film that people talk about years later.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: