JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

To be honest, I don't believe that news.

really? seems a reliable source

Really Tim ?

Source:

this was posted on the "I Am Legend" message board on imdb.com

A random guy making such a post in a forum is counted these days as a reliable source ?

Or are there other reliable sources that I don't know of ? If so, I apologise.

To be honest, I don't believe that news.

really? seems a reliable source

Really Tim ?

Source:

this was posted on the "I Am Legend" message board on imdb.com

A random guy making such a post in a forum is counted these days as a reliable source ?

Or are there other reliable sources that I don't know of ? If so, I apologise.

Yeah, we're going to need a reliable source before I can take this seriously. This should have been picked up by superherohype.com or one of the other sites by now. It's kinda suspect that it hasn't.

I AM LEGEND Still Shooting??

By: Jarrod Sarafin, News Editor

Source: Scooper 'D'

Date: Friday, November 9, 2007

The Warner Bros. production of I AM LEGEND, based on the best selling Richard Matheson novel, seems to be a high profile project for the parties involved here. So, why have we seen only two trailers for this film and little information about it compared to other productions? Well, apparently they're still shooting the film even if it comes out just a month and a week from now...

Here's what an inside source has to say on the project:

Will Smith has been filming the ending to "I Am Legend" in New Jersey this week. He's in Mt. Airy, a small Hunterdon County village set amid the rolling farms and hills of Central New Jersey. The local school parking lot just down the road is full of trailers and equipment. And some of the local folks are serving as extras.

Apparently the film crew showed up pretty suddenly, not a whole lot of warning to the locals. When they finish up in Mt. Airy, they'll be going to South Carolina for a bit more filming.

I AM LEGEND hits theaters December 14, 2007.

http://www.mania.com/56587.html

Movie in Mt. Airy features actor Will Smith

Thursday, November 08, 2007

By Renée Kiriluk-Hill

WEST AMWELL TWP. -- Film star Will Smith is expected in Mount Airy today, trying to learn if he truly is the last human survivor of a man-made virus that wiped out his hometown of New York City. Starting at daybreak, crews will shut down roads to shoot a final scene of the action-thriller I Am Legend, scheduled for a Dec. 14 release in theaters.

As long as residents are respectful of the work that needs to be squeezed into the short daylight hours they're welcome to watch the crew filming, said a studio spokesman who declined to be identified. He wasn't sure where he could put spectators, but said, "We'll be as accommodating as possible." He cautioned that spectator cameras in an actor's peripheral vision can break their concentration on the set.

As for residents impacted by the filming, he said, "We'll try to cause as little inconvenience as possible. They can just go about their daily lives."

The longtime film veteran had nothing but high praise for Mr. Smith, a two-time Oscar nominee. "He is terrific, the most accommodating and professional guy you'd want to come to your town. This guy is absolutely amazing, he is beyond genuine."

The director's not looking for any extras; union rules mandate that the first 85 be members of the Screen Actors Guild, and since only 30 will be used in the Mount Airy scene they're being bused from New York with the crew.

Mount Airy was chosen after an extensive search that stretched from northern New York south to Delaware. According to the spokesman, "We happened to fly over it," he said of the village, "we needed one countryside shot and we all kind of fell in love. It is absolutely magnificent and gorgeous, a quaint, wonderful town."

That's not a guarantee that the locals will recognize their town in the movie. "I want to say yes" they will, but "truly can't answer that" unless the final film cuts are made, he said.

A helicopter touched down on the Holcombe farm at the edge of the village on Sunday with location scouts, said police Lt. Steve Bartzak, who was asked about closing Route 179 for a day. He denied that request. Since the teachers convention closes schools today and tomorrow both sides agreed upon Mount Airy-Harbourton Road between the village and South Hunterdon High School. Mount Airy Village Road will be closed intermittently and the highway, between the village and West Amwell School, for a short period.

Yesterday a crew planned to build a set piece along Mount Airy-Harbourton Road to be used today.

"It's working out well," said the lieutenant. He will oversee eight officers who will direct pedestrian and vehicle traffic, their wages covered by the movie's budget.

In the film, Mr. Smith is brilliant scientist Robert Neville, who is somehow immune to a man-made virus that wiped out human life (except for him) as we know it. For three years he sends out daily radio messages, as desperate to find other survivors as he is to avoid "the infected" -- mutant plague victims. He's driven to reverse the effects of the virus, utilizing the blood that's given him immunity.

While Mr. Smith is the star, the Hollywood insider offered an inside tip to watch "Alice Braga. You'll know who she is in a few years. She's a big star in Brazil."

The most unusual thing residents and motorists are likely to see today is a camera mounted on the nose of a helicopter, following a car down the road.

After the crew has packed up and returned to New York City, where most of the film was shot, the studio spokesman hopes that people here will have had fun. "Most places that I've been to, they enjoy it and talk about it at church on Sunday."

Warner Bros. Pictures has posted shots of the filming to date, along with a preview, at myspace.com/iamlegendmovie.

http://www.nj.com/news/hunterdon/index.ssf...oll=12#continue

Edited by Ale

A class act in Lambertville

Friday, November 09, 2007

LAMBERTVILLE -- Though education conferences closed schools yesterday, activity bustled at South Hunterdon Regional High School, where actor Will Smith was shooting scenes for his upcoming movie "I Am Legend."

Once police shut down part of the road adjacent to the school, word quickly spread about the star's arrival to the rural high school. Principal Don Woodring said nearly 100 locals gathered to watch the filming and many were taken aback by Smith's warm personality.

"He was great. Students got to take pictures with him and get autographs; the whole experience was wonderful," Woodring said. "It's so nice when someone of that caliber is completely down to earth, and treats everyone with such respect and kindness."

The upcoming film, a post- apocalyptic horror film, is based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel for which the movie is named. Smith's character, Robert Neville, is a survi vor of a man-made virus who works to create a cure while being stalked by mutant survivors of the plague.

Scenes from the school's parking lot and nearby roads were used in yesterday's shoot. Woodring said it's possible the high school will be visible in the scenes when the movie releases in December.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/inde....xml&coll=5

• Admin

it doesn't really seem like he's reshooting anything that should have people worried about the direction of the film.

they are reshooting the ending! I bet it tested horribly the movie studios got worried so now we will get a happy ending hahahaha.. if you have seen "the player" by robert altman you will know how funny this is..

it doesn't really seem like he's reshooting anything that should have people worried about the direction of the film.

they are reshooting the ending! I bet it tested horribly the movie studios got worried so now we will get a happy ending hahahaha.. if you have seen "the player" by robert altman you will know how funny this is..

I wasn't talking about the ending, because I didn't know the hell it was gonna end anyway, lol.

esp. with all that talk of a sequel so early on, I was speaking in reference to "insiders" all over the internet going on and on about all this huge set rebuilding and how it's probably b/c of cgi problems, and how they're shooting here and there all day long, and yadda, yadda, yadda. and from what i've seen it's just the scene with the car, in a rural setting. I could care less though, i'm seeing it anyway, lol.

I agree with Hero, it sounds like we are getting a "happy ending".

Spoilers...

The ending was already totally changed from the book. In the book, Neville dies hence completing the fact that he is Legend, the last human. In the screenplay I read, Neville and the two people he's with(Anna and a little kid named Ethan) get in their car and leave New York City. Anna has heard rumors of a community in Vermont or somewhere like that. That's how the screenplay ends, you don't know if they find anything, it's open ended.

Now it sounds like the movie will end with them arriving in the community and finding other survivors..yeah a happy ending!!! Uggg....