JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

Gabrielle Union in I Am Legend

Source: IESB.net

September 19, 2006

Gabrielle Union is set to reteam with her former Bad Boys II co-star Will Smith in I Am Legend, directed by Francis Lawrence (Constantine) and based on the Richard Matheson book.

IESB.net says Union will play Anna, a lone female survivor that Smith's character, Robert Neville, will come across.

The site adds that the only other character of any substance in the film is Ethan. This role has also been cast with a relatively unknown actor.

Warner Bros. Pictures will release I Am Legend on November 21, 2007.

source via google: http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16559

the more I hear about this film the more confused and (sadly) less interested I become...i hope they get it together :worried:

CASTING IS LEGEND

By Devin Faraci

Contributing sources: IESB.net, Blackfilm.com

http://www.chud.com/graphics3/iamlegend.jpgGabrielle Union, is you is or is you ain’t the lead female in I Am Legend? IESB.net says you are, but blackfilm.com says nay – that the role of Anna, a human survivor Will Smith’s character stumbles upon in a post-apocalyptic vampire world, will actually be played by Alice Braga, niece of Sonia Braga and star of Lower City. I don’t really have any horses in this particular race either way, so I’m just going to step back and let internet misinformation sort itself out.

Blackfilm also claims that Salli Richardson, currently appearing on SciFi Channel’s Eureka, has been cast as Will Smith’s wife, Ginny, who I am pretty sure is a bad guy.

Meanwhile it’s been confirmed that Johnny Depp has nothing to do with the film, and probably never did. There is one other sort of major character, Ethan, but apparently that role has been cast with an unknown.

source via google: http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7659

this is what blackfilm says:

AM LEGEND casting news

Depp out, Richardson and Braga in.

By: Wilson Morales

September 19, 2006

While some time has gone by since we reported that Johnny Depp had been cast in the long-awaited film, I Am Legend, with the news that Johnny had officially signed to do Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd, suffice to say we knew that he might not be in "Legend" afterall, but couldn't confirm it. It now appears that Depp is OUT.

Contrary to the rumor regarding Gabrielle Union being cast in the film, she is NOT.

Today we can DEFINITELY say that actress Salli Richardson has been cast as Ginny, the wife of Will Smith's character, and that Alice Braga ( niece of legendary Brazilian actress Sonia Braga) has been cast as Anna.

I Am Legend is about a terrible plague that has decimated the world, and those who were unfortunate enough to survive have been transformed into blood-thirsty creatures of the night. Except, that is, for Robert Neville. He alone appears to be immune to this disease, but the grim irony is that now he is the outsider.Will Smith will be playing the role of Robert Neville.

Braga was recently in "Lower City", which won the Best Screenplay award at the Los Angeles Latino Film Festival and played in select theater nationwide.

Richardson was last seen on the big screen in "Anacondas: The Hunt for the Black Orchid". she is cast as Department of Defens agent Allison Blake in the television series Eureka, which airs on the Sci Fi network.

source: http://www.blackfilm.com/20060915/features...egendnews.shtml

Edited by MissAshley

No Depp, no good director, I'm sorry to say it but, this movie is gonna be bad. And it looks like will is once again surrounded by NO BODIES!!! Sure, I know sonia braga can act, but no one knows who she is!!!

This is movie is gonna need sum more star power. That was the problem with I, Robot.

Im sorry. But its looking worse and worse.

Will should have done Tonight, he comes. fa real.

• Members

When I heard the role of Anna went to Gabrielle Union, I was sure that the movie was gonna suck hard.

But after seeing the names of Salli Richardson & Alice Braga, I now believe there is still hope.

At least they are not too far from the book characters.

My only problem is with the director though...

If Will wants to make movies instead of music than he should sign to good projects like Pursuit of Happiness! I bet that this movie gonna suck...is Will afraid now to work with BIG names like he did in the past or does he think he didn`t need them anymore to develop as an actor??? His best movies were always with big names michael bay jerry bruckheimer!! Gabrielle Union is the worst choice they could have made! Angelina Jolie or Sanaa Lathan would fit better!

No Depp, no good director, I'm sorry to say it but, this movie is gonna be bad. And it looks like will is once again surrounded by NO BODIES!!! Sure, I know sonia braga can act, but no one knows who she is!!!

This is movie is gonna need sum more star power. That was the problem with I, Robot.

Im sorry. But its looking worse and worse.

Will should have done Tonight, he comes. fa real.

Well, just to have Will alone it cost like 25 million versus a percent of the grosses, so it's too expensive for studios to get other big name actors to star with Will. Who cares who the co-stars are as long as they can act and fit the part. I'm not familiar with Salli Richardson, but Alice Braga can act. Go see "City of God", it's an awesome flick.

I've read the script for the movie and while it's quite different from the book, it can still be a good movie. It will have great visuals and fx scenes, and the sense of lonliness and despair are there. The ending is weak though.

I do agree though with Will working with less than stellar directors. I mean he's worked with Michael Mann and Robert Redford. Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich are pretty good for action movies Others aren't horrible, Proyas has great visual sense and Andy Tennant fitted what "Hitch" was. We'll see about Muccino. Sonnenfeld's a fluke who got lucky with the Addams Family and the first Men in Black. He really is a bad director. I just wish Will would work guys like Spielberg, Scorsease, Ridly Scott, Peter Weir, Chris Nolan, Alexander Payne...just to name a few. I think once again just having Will's too much money and the studio won't get a big name director. Also, I think Will produces alot of his own movies and has a say in whose the director, and what the movie will be like. I think alot of big time director don't want to be at the mercy of the star as what the film will be like. Look at "Tonight, He Comes", Mostow and Will differed in opinion and Mostow, who had been attached to the film before Will, was the odd man out.

• Admin

I Am Legend Returns To Sucking

By Josh Tyler: 2006-09-22

I Am Legend Returns To Sucking The emotional rollercoaster ride that is the development process of I Am Legend continues. A few days ago we got good news that the lame, story destroying, secondary character named "Phil" who was rumored to be inserted into the story to make a part for Johnny Depp was in fact, not in the movie at all. But now I'm back to being totally depressed about the movie again.

Why? AICN is carrying a rumor which says that they've re-imagined the original post-apocalyptic script for the film to turn it into the lame story of the last doctor left behind after Manhattan is infected with a plague. That's right, not the world. Just Manhattan. Suddenly, instead of being the soul searching, heart-wrenching story of the last, lonely man on earth it's "Escape From Manhattan" staring a stethoscope wearing version of Snake Pliskin.

If this is true, just end me right now. It does however jive with the other rumors we've heard, about how they're removing all the intelligence from the genetically deformed humans Will Smith's character is supposed to be fighting to turn them into dumbed down, idiot zombies. Actually, maybe this isn't "Escape From Manhattan", it's starting to sound more like Resident Evil.

I don't want to live.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/I-Am-Legend...cking-3470.html

what the ****? i think if will wouldn`t get 20 mil. guarenteed for this project he would have cancelled this a long time ago! I got the feeling that this movie will turn into a WWW or a MIB2. Didn`t Jaden give him the advice to not save the world anymore after I, Robot???

• Members

I refuse to believe all of that! It's been said numerous times that the movie will be more faithful to the book than any of the previous adaptations.

Every single official synopsis released for the film including the one on ComingSoon.net (which to me is probably the most reliable source of info on the net - not the spy loaded full of attention-seeking fans AICN) states that Robert Neville is the last man on EARTH not Manhattan. I think that until we see some more OFFICIAL stuff from the movie like a trailer or an official website we're gonna have to prepare ourselves for a bunch of those rumours.

I'm still hooked on seeing this movie. I love Will, I love the book, I really dug the visuals and the style of CONSTANTINE so Lawrence works for me and I'm happy with the casting choices because they seem not to go with a popular face like Gabby Union but they seem to seek out some actual talent. Plus the rewrites that Akiva did on I, ROBOT were not so big. I read a script review of I, Robot's Jeff Vintar script and it was pretty much what we saw on screen so I'm assuming he didn't change much in Mark Protosevich's script as well (other than the already known changes - no Cortman, wierd creatures instead of vampires and NY instead of LA which I can easily deal with. Protosevich's script has long been famous for being a very good adaptation of the book. All in all, if you really think about it - it is looking quite promising. Don't believe everything you read on AICN.