JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

ok... I have just finished reading the I am Legend script, and have two questions:

If you dont know and dont want to know to much about the movie, do not read this!

1. Why are they filming in New York when a big part of the movie is played at the Golden gate bridge or the golden gate park.

2. Who is Jonny gonna play? are they changin the girl in the story to jonny, if thats the case that will allso change a big part of the storey.

Edited by viber_91

ok... I have just finished reading the I am Legend script, and have two questions:

If you dont know and dont want to know to much about the movie, do not read this!

1. Why are they filming in New York when a big part of the movie is played at the Golden gate bridge or the golden gate park.

2. Who is Jonny gonna play? are they changin the girl in the story to jonny, if thats the case that will allso change a big part of the storey.

The scripts found on the internet are old and really aren't being used for this version. Akiva Goldsman rewrote the whole thing. They moved it to New York, Ben Cortman ain't in it (booo!), and there's a new character named 'Phillip" in place of the Ruth character that Depp is allegelly playing.

Edited by Radewart

Ok... I thought that would be the answewr that i would get... But no CORTMAN!? Thats crayzy! thats like if Neville was'nt in it. Neville and Cortman are the main charecters and now with the changing of the story I just a little less intrested in this movie! Ofcorse i want to see it but I wont look at it as "I am Legend", but as any other vampire movie...

Shooting Dates for I Am Legend

Source: Production Weekly August 16, 2006

According to Production Weekly, Warner Bros. Pictures has planned a shoot longer than six months for the Francis Lawrence-directed sci-fi actioner I Am Legend, starring Will Smith.

The movie, based on the Richard Matheson book, starts filming on September 23 and will continue until March 31 in New York.

Smith plays Robert Neville, the last living man on Earth... but he is not alone. Every other man, woman, and child has become a vampire, and they are all hungry for Neville's blood.

By day, he is the hunter, stalking the sleeping undead through the abandoned ruins of civilization. By night, he barricades himself in his home and prays for the dawn.

The studio has already scheduled a November 21, 2007 release date for the film.

source via google: http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16042

"I Am Legend" - Seeking M/F actors, 5'6"-5'10" for Fri., 8/18 interview for fit modeling

* Read Details Listed: 8/16/2006

SAG l Seeking male and female actors to work as fit models for the film's costumes. Male actor must have minimal muscle tone, short hair, 5'9"-5'10" tall and must have an extremely low body fat which is under 4%. Female must weigh under 110 lbs. and must be 5'6"-5'9" tall. Actors will be fit modeling zombie costumes for the movie. Must be available for multiple fitting sessions before the production begins shooting. Actors will fit and test the costumes. There is a possibility that the fit model actors might get the zombie role.

• 2 weeks later...

http://scriptzone.forumculture.net/ftopic1...view.htm#bottom

I AM LEGEND by Akiva Goldsman

Based on the script by Mark Protosevich

Previous Revisions by John Logan and Neal Jimenez

Based on the novel by Richard Matheson

Script dated July 11th 2006

I'm back.

Took 2 years to find a script worth reviewing, but it finally happened. I've read numerous screenplays during my retirement. I need to address one thing: the current state of American screenwriting. It's awful. For every Zach Helm (the next Charlie Kaufman), we have 10 idiots writing Scary Movie 5 or Bring it On 3. Original voices are harder and harder to find these days. Just look at the Academy Awards last year, it was almost a big-budget Spirit Awards ripoff. Indie and foreign cinema have some very fascinating voices. Somehow Hollywood has lost it's edge in the past 5 years. No one seems to be making interesting and intelligent studio pictures. The bottom-line has taken over and the studio execs are scared *beep* to greenlight anything remotely different. Thank god for the specialty divisions are doing something different. (WIP, Paramount Vantage, Fox Searchlight etc...)

Eventhough my tastes are pretty much indie these days, I still enjoy a big-budget spectacle from time to time. I've read 2 kickass high-profile 2007 screenplays. Goldsman's I Am Legend and David Goyer's Jumper. Hopefully I'll have the time to review Jumper before TIFF but it's an amazing ride. Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity) has another shot at starting a fantastic franchise.

I like Warner Brothers. They have four of the most intriguing films of the fall: The Departed (adored the script), The Fountain, The Good German and Blood Diamond. They've had a rough summer with Poseidon and Superman under-performing. Their 2007 line-up will be highlighted by I AM LEGEND.

ROBERT NEVILLE (Will Smith) is the last man on earth. He hunts down deers off Park Avenue in New-York City. During the day, he finds food and equipments to continue his existence. Before sundown, he goes back to his bunker residence awaiting daytime again. A former army virus-expert, he's trying to discover a cure for the virus that has mutated 90% of the population. Those 'infected' are allergic to sunlight and UV light. They eat whatever they can find. Neville is immuned to the virus and uses his own blood to find a serum. He broadcast a message everyday on the radio to have survivors meet him at the South Street Seaport at noon. We flashback between Robert's memories of how the whole infection began and how he lost his family. Finally, one day he's had enough. He decides at the sundown to take on the whole infected army. (His idea of suicide...) Just as he's about to collapse from the evil onslaught, a young woman called ANNA and a boy ETHAN appear. Is he dreaming?

I need to say I've never read the legendary script that Mark Protosevich wrote or Matheson's novel. With that in mind, I'm not able to tell you how faithful the adaptation is. But I'll say this, it's a fascinating story. I like the script from beginning to end. Goldsman, who's usually either great or totally off, has managed to write a very strong storyline. It reminded me of the first half of 28 Days Later. I still think Danny Boyle's film is seriously flawed. The first half of that movie is KICKASS. It's one of the most brilliant piece of sci-fi cinema. Unfortunately, the whole military-castle second half is awful. It seriously sucks. Now imagine the first half stretched to 2 hours with a bigger budget, an amazing location (NYC instead of London) and more drama. That's I AM LEGEND for you.