JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"All Of Us" Episode May Be Pulled in Chicago

TopDawg14

On Monday's episode of "All Of Us", the n-word is used and now the UPN affiliate in Chicago is considering barring the episode from being shown in Chicago. Here's the link to the article in today's Chicago Sun Times:

All Of Us Controversial Episode

Will & Jada Pinkett Smith directed the controversial episode.

yeah, I didn't get the paper today but I posted about this in the TV section of the forum, kinda sucks as I was interested in seeing it esp. after reading the description in another article, I hope it does air, articles here in this thread:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...?showtopic=8191

Wow....I don't like that word, and don't like hearing it, but from just what I read there, it's not like it was a gratuitous use, or one just casually throwing it out there. It was designed to further conversation and discussion on the subject, and enlighten the children on why they shouldn't use that word.

Reminds me of the old series South Central with Larenz Tate.

He used the word b1tch to describe some music video girl, and his mother came down on him because of it, and it opened a discussion on men using that word and he was like, "It's just an adjective...girl...woman...b1tch."

And they cracked down on that show too and it was soon gone from the air.

i wonder if they will play it in the UK. They edited out a couple of words in the fresh prince once, im not sure if thats coz they mean something different over here. I cant see them allowing the N word on tv in the day.

But surely cant they just blank the word out, i know it doesnt have the same affect but we can figure out what he says, its better doing that than pulling it altogether.

Didn't Chris Rock use the N word in his show "Everybody hates Chris"? or I am getting it confused wit something else?

Well I'm gonna stay up late 2 catch it..its gonna be on at 10:30 cos of MLB game between LA Dodgers and Houston Astros.

I think Chuck D recently produced a documentary on the history of The 'N' Word