JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Why does Will Smith get such a bad rap?

Don't forget Boyz II Men, who showed up on the Christmas episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Quincy Jones, Evander Holyfield, Bell Biv Devoe, man EVERYBODY was on that show!

And I never took that Eminem line as a diss towards Will, to be honest. I felt it was a slam on people who would compare Em to Will and say, "Well, he doesn't curse, why are you?"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

By markwinfield1

Will does rap about money,women and material things!Just not to the exsteme as others.And i peronally feel that he no different than other rappers.Shure peaple say he soft and ect.Hell,I used to be soft until i got into martial arts&ect.And eminem really didn't diss will.He just said funk a grammy.Whats a grammy anyways a piece of metal!

Like i was saying...Will smith is no better than any other rapper in the game.He made a song "tell me why" asking about all of these problems in the world!When Katrina hit he donated his MIB suit...Theres thousands of peaple starveing in BIG cities in america and across the world.And that Charity stuff he does is a tax write off.And will is this multi millionaire.Personally the dude is cheap.I respect his music&actin skills and i'll leave this topic alone

Will does do plenty of charity though, he just doesn't run to the press everytime he does it 'cause he doesn't want no attention for that, he's humble, the thing that pisses me off is that people put down Will even though he won the 1st rap grammy and sold millions of albums but yet when people talk about Eminem and give him props they throw in that he's one of the highest selling rappers and won 9 Grammies, I find that hypocritical, it should be a double standard, if you're gonna give props to somebody for selling millions, you should give props to all, not just to one, sure Will raps about money, materials, and women but he does it in a classy and fun way, he enjoys his success but it don't define who he is...

Well I think you're right in a sense that Will's the same as other rappers, I mean a lot of rappers get dissed for their images, I mean look at Ludacris, there's a lot of people, even some on here that might criticise him for his explicit image, Oprah disses him for being hardcore like Wendy Williams disses Will for being soft, it works both ways, the glass only half way full for most artists, everybody gets criticism that they don't deserve especially since you personally don't know these people, these artists are human like us, if you don't like their music leave it that but don't go around dissing their character if you don't know **** about the type of lives they really live and at the same time there's no need to worship any celebrity either like they're a god, Will has flaws like all of us do, but I appreciate him for his talents and the type of music and movies he makes

Edited by bigted

Guest Guest

I'm not dissing them!The guy asked a question.I gave a answer!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

By markwinfield1

If you don't like my responses then don't answer back!Don't jump on me for an opinion

Will smith has to wear a multi thousand doller suit he goes :1-eek: (That tells allott about the life he lives :hmm: )!70% of most of he cd's besides lost and found are about bragging... I'm not saying this is bad!I'm just pointing these things out! Luda also has to make a liveing.If he stopped doing what he's doing he'd have no fans...Go read the bible then try to tell me views are wrong!

Edited by markwinfield1

I wasn't jumping on you man, you could feel what you'd like to feel, I have the right to respond back, this is a discussion board, don't take anything personal, we're just having a discussion, Will works hard for the money he gets and he's just enjoying his success and gives back at the same time, if I'm fortunate to be in his position I'd buy myself a nice mansion and fancy things too but also give time and money to charity at the same time too, what's so wrong about that?

Edited by bigted