JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Why does Will Smith get such a bad rap?

Well in my opinion their really ain't that much of a difference between Will Smith and Ludacris, they both have an image to keep for them to hold on to their fanbase, but those who don't like that type of image will jump out to say that they don't have any talents and that's not true, they're both talented artists, I'm sure if Ludacris made cleaner songs some people who criticise him for being too explicit would learn to like him but those hardcore rap fans will think his music sucks all of a suddenand the opposite for Will if he went the hardcore route, we'd think that he's wack all of a sudden but the hardcore fans would love him, you can't please everybody, people hate on Will 'cause it's the popular thing to do but if there was more clean artists that were popular they wouldn't diss Will as much, fans always talk **** but the artists respect each other though

Edited by bigted

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't judgeing will's music!I was judgeing his his actions!

Well did Will kill somebody or anything of that nature? There's a lot of rappers who get arrested and people like them still, Will stays out of trouble, takes care of his family, helps others, so what's about his personality that you gotta hate about him? His personality shines just as bright as his talent, he's a true role model that kids could be able to look up to

But i never said i hated him!Go read my 2nd reply to this thread that'll answer your question

For some reason Will Smith gets smacked around in the media and by so called hip hop heads for being soft, wack, or not real. I mean, he addresses a lot of that on his new album, and I liked how he joked on Angie Martinez in an interview on how his life's mission was to get played on Hot 97 because ever since Summertime dropped they haven't played anything.

Angie: Come on, we played your stuff since then.

Will: You played um...Wild Wild West, but that was because Sisqo was on it!

lol...then he talked about how he was gonna suckerpunch someone on the news the next night, getting Angie to say, "Oh that's not what it takes!" lol

I love me some Angie though, I ain't gonna lie.

But seriously though, Will gets clowned by so called hip hop fans and act like nobody takes him seriously. I mean he's worked with Snoop, Mary J Blige and MANY of the hip hop elite. The man is a very intelligent and entertaining cat and he doesn't sell his soul to get record sales (like avoiding the obvious path of going after Eminem for his comments, which I never really saw as any diss towards Will to start with, more of a diss to the people who point out that Will doesn't curse so why should Em?).

Too many ignorant people out there.

Yeah, I agree Hero1!

The most people also just wanna hate him and sometimes actually don't. U get what I mean?

They like him but don't wanna say it (Not everybody but some).

And they're many, many clowns and haters outthere nowadays, so much hate and ignorance, that's just unbelievable!

But do u know whatchu gotta do then? Hehe nah, not pumping ur brakes, just go head and WAVE EM OFF!!! :wickedwisdom:

:wiggle:

• Members

For some reason Will Smith gets smacked around in the media and by so called hip hop heads for being soft, wack, or not real. I mean, he addresses a lot of that on his new album, and I liked how he joked on Angie Martinez in an interview on how his life's mission was to get played on Hot 97 because ever since Summertime dropped they haven't played anything.

Angie: Come on, we played your stuff since then.

Will: You played um...Wild Wild West, but that was because Sisqo was on it!

lol...then he talked about how he was gonna suckerpunch someone on the news the next night, getting Angie to say, "Oh that's not what it takes!" lol

I love me some Angie though, I ain't gonna lie.

But seriously though, Will gets clowned by so called hip hop fans and act like nobody takes him seriously. I mean he's worked with Snoop, Mary J Blige and MANY of the hip hop elite. The man is a very intelligent and entertaining cat and he doesn't sell his soul to get record sales (like avoiding the obvious path of going after Eminem for his comments, which I never really saw as any diss towards Will to start with, more of a diss to the people who point out that Will doesn't curse so why should Em?).

Too many ignorant people out there.

Yeah, I agree Hero1!

The most people also just wanna hate him and sometimes actually don't. U get what I mean?

They like him but don't wanna say it (Not everybody but some).

And they're many, many clowns and haters outthere nowadays, so much hate and ignorance, that's just unbelievable!

But do u know whatchu gotta do then? Hehe nah, not pumping ur brakes, just go head and WAVE EM OFF!!! :wickedwisdom:

:wiggle:

I must agree with E-Style-Gressy.