JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Reasons for Will Smith's "Image"

And as for the club comment, he couldnt be more wrong, i rarely hear people like 50 cent in the club (apart from i heard the song "in da club" a few times when it came out), even eminem isnt really played that much. Will is played so much more in the clubs than other rappers, in fact i hear him more often in clubs than on the radio.

i think that's where the differences in US and european clubs come in. i think in the US you'll hear a lot more 50 in the club.

Will's just doing his own thing, and there's always gonna be someone who disagrees with it. My friends are the same way too, they don't like Will. But I think of it this way: Will has his own unique and great style, and their missing out so it's their own fault :lolsign:

And there are many rappers that use samples, it's not just Will, and I like the samples, so I don't have a problem.

My friend, Rappers have been cursing since the dawn of raps existance. Will Smith FROM THE START chose to be different.

He has gotten a lot of haters because of this, but has gained true fans in the process.

90% of Fans who enjoy cursing rappers like 50 Cent and Eminem, only enjoy them in the club/car radio, and then forget about them after that.

Will Smith Fans stay true forever

Hate to school you a bit homie, but last time I remembered, from the start Will was like everyone else in terms of his lyrics before his Grams found his notebook and schooled him otherwise.

i think its great that Will samples a lot, i really like it when he does the 80's classic and stuff, his beats are so much more interesting than other rappers, every1 elses sound pretty much the same.

And as for the club comment, he couldnt be more wrong, i rarely hear people like 50 cent in the club (apart from i heard the song "in da club" a few times when it came out), even eminem isnt really played that much. Will is played so much more in the clubs than other rappers, in fact i hear him more often in clubs than on the radio.

I take it you don't live in American then...

Edited by KBlakk05

These are some of the corniest reasons ever, what the hell does clubs and sampling have to do with image again? :rofl: :blabla: