JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J Slams Jay-Z for Age Comment

bigted

Yeah I read somewhere on SOHH.com, they had a long blog on it about how Fabolous made a mixtape song getting back at Mase 'cause Mase dissed him on a mixtape recently, I haven't personally checked the mixtapes for those disses though, I really don't care about either that much, there was quite a bit of people in that post though that said Fabolous is beating him right now and they don't respect Mase for going from a pastor back to a gangsta again, I'm sure LL ain't really happy about hearing Mobb Deep dissin' God in one of their recentsongs either, these rappers don't seem to have any morals: "50 Cent saved me not God"=A lost soul

Edited by bigted

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made a song with 50 Cent called "Pearly Gates" that's gonna be on their new album, it's a song about how they're gonna go to heaven gates and beat up god for all the problems they had, I think Interscope's supposedly editing it though to avoid controversey, I never was really into them but after hearing that I don't think I'll ever check for them, man I thought it was heartless that they made a diss song to 2Pac after he died but this is the icing on the cake really, I question how anybody could wanna be their fans after that, they're ungreatful bastards, but karma goes around, everybody have problems but you can't go around saying you wanna kill god 'cause of them, I think their album will flop and they'll be crying to God after they got dropped by Interscope, lol, they lost all respect that I never really had for them and for 50 Cent to be apart of that I can't really defend him anymore either, he does deserve all the criticism he gets if he's gonna go around and promote something like that on his label, it's like what KRS said on of his songs, "These rappers don't have God in their hearts, all they want is quick money and movie parts, let us begin, what where why or when?, what's this use of double platinum if you're living in sin?", they probably know churches might get together and boycott if their song comes like that but that's what Prodigy said in that song about how 50 Cent saved him and not God, he got a G Unit tattoo on his arm like 50's Jesus or something :paperbag:

On a lighter note "Control Myself" is #4 on the Billboard charts right now, LL's doing it big once again, now if Def Jam doesn't sleep on releasing the singles, things are looking good for LL to go platinum again, positive artists like him on record and in real life deserve to be rewarded like this:

"Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" retains the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for a fourth straight week. The cut also extends its reign over the Pop 100 and Hot Digital Songs charts, where it has held the lead for the same length of time.

On the Hot 100, Sean Paul's "Temperature" and T.I.'s "What You Know" stick to No. 2 and No. 3, respectively.

"What You Know" also leads the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for a second week and is the chart's greatest sales gainer. LL Cool J's "Control Myself" featuring Jennifer Lopez reenters the Hot 100 at No. 4 in its fourth week on the chart, having not appeared there since the March 25 issue of Billboard."

Edited by bigted

I have that Fabolous mixtape where he gets at Mase. It's called "Loso's Way - Rise To Power" It's a pretty phat mixtape. To me, only disc 1 was, so that's all I got. When on MTV, Mobb Deep said they were talking about the hood perspective of how God's viewed, a version you don't really hear. Ted, do you know for a fact what your saying? (about them wanting to beat God down) If you think Mobb Deep dissing God is something, how about Vince McMahon putting God in a tag team match? It's so stupidly funny. Anyway, there is nothing wrong with not believing in God. That's on the person. So if Mobb Deep feels that way, again that's on them. But I question the idea of saying that 50 Cent saved them. It's one thing to be thankful to someone, but 50's not the kinda guy to be humble about that. He's got you under his thumb to do what he wants. And that 50 like Jesus, I'll believe it when I see it. Nobody had a problem when there was people who felt like Pac was their Jesus. Even your boy KRS said so Ted on the DVD, 2pac-4-ever. "He would be our Jesus, our Buddah, our Moses, etc." (he was referring to in today's society, as it relates to black people)

And to address that diss song to Pac; come on, even Biggie is guilty of dissing Pac after he died. They could've dissed back out of mutual respect, even tho they portray that "I really hate that brotha". Then again, people know how to let petty stuff get to them. Look at the industry in recent years. I am a fan of Mobb Deep's, and I stand by that. I'm not gonna go passing judgement calls.

Now just 'cause KRS-ONE is one of my favorite rappers doesn't mean that I agree with everything he says, now to say that 2Pac is a god is wrong, 2Pac was human, I don't look at any rapper as God, I look at them as human, there's only one God, that's just like Lerkot trying to start JJFP religion here, come on now, lol, now I'm not fan of Mobb Deep so hearing them make a song like that about God will not make me wanna be their fan anytime soon, I find it disgusting that there's gonna be kids listening to that, I mean I could care less if they listen to wack songs but now listening to a song being critical of God is dead wrong to me, I don't feel that at all...

Edited by bigted

KRS One didn't say Tupac was God. Nobody did. It was just a modern day comparision.

"I mean I could care less if they listen to wack songs"- Are you sure about saying that? Here we are debating/arguing these problems, and to not do anything about it, would just be basically, I guess hypocritical is the right word.

I read today in a college blog I think it was, that Kweli said in his speech that, "I might wanna hear a "crunk" song in the club, but not 4 in the afternoon in my car with my kids. There's a time and a place for it."

I'd rather have kids listening to rappers make wack novelty songs like "Laffy Taffy" and "Ice Ice Baby" or even wack songs where rappers are dissing each other rather than songs criticising God is basically what I'm saying if we gotta be specific about it, and I might be hypocritical but I'm human and I have flaws, but hearing songs dissing God just doesn't sound right to me, but hey that's my view and I got real strong beliefs, if you like Mobb Deep so be it but they get no ounce of respect from me, the majority of the public look at conscious rappers as corny but if being positive and loving God is corny, I guess I am too, I rather be corny than glorifying negativity and going to hell, ultimately though of course I'd like to see better quality music hearing the airwaves, I wanna see "We're Gonna Make It" come out as a single to help LL sells millions and open these young minds to true hip-hop, get them on the right path right away

Edited by bigted

But i am logged in?

But i am logged in?

u werent in your previous posts, and over half your posts are with you not logged in. because of that, you usually make another post that says "^ by markwinfield1" which becomes spam. in case you havent noticed, there's a "remember me" check box when you log into the forum so that you wont need to log in everytime. i'm with AJ, its really annoying when you dont log in and this is like the 4th time you've been warned so please make an effort so you don't have to face the consequences

Ok then i'll log in!