JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP fans Feeling any Pain?

Will could release 50 albums and sell 100 million in his career and still he won't be mentioned 'cause of his "soft" image, we have to deal with it, in a couple years they'll probably even say Bow Wow's a better rapper than him, you can't expect much from a channel that caters to 12 year old girls :shakehead: Seeing the way the media puts down Will as an mc, you can't really blame Will for doing movies more these days 'cause they respect him more there since you don't have to have street credability to be an acclaimed actor, they actually judge them actors off of talent unlike how the music industry just likes artists for a certain image, probably in his 20th year of acting they'll be putting him on the top 10 actors of all time lists...

Edited by bigted

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Will could release 50 albums and sell 100 million in his career and still he won't be mentioned 'cause of his "soft" image, we have to deal with it, in a couple years they'll probably even say Bow Wow's a better rapper than him, you can't expect much from a channel that caters to 12 year old girls :shakehead: Seeing the way the media puts down Will as an mc, you can't really blame Will for doing movies more these days 'cause they respect him more there since you don't have to have street credability to be an acclaimed actor, they actually judge them actors off of talent unlike how the music industry just likes artists for a certain image, probably in his 20th year of acting they'll be putting him on the top 10 actors of all time lists...

Well They actually built a good list of rappers... the only mainstream ones that made the cut were Eminem, and Notorious BIG... (I'm just listening them because they had their career in a time period of publicity).

Don't front man if Fresh Prince had a hardcore image like Pac and released 9 albums in a span of 20 years with the top notch flows and lyrical schemes he has, it'd be a no brainer that'd he'd be ranked in everyone's top 10, people look at "street cred" more than skills and that's sad, Fresh Prince could rip the mic with the best of them for real...

Guest Guest

Will Smith / DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince

Nelly

Busta Rhymes

A Tribe Called Quest

Ice Cube

Snoop Dogg

Queen Latifah

DMX

KRS-One / BDP

OutKast

Eric B & Rakim

Nas

Afrika Bambaattaa

Fugees / Lauryn Hill

Ice T

Missy Elliott

P. Diddy

NWA

Wu-Tang Clan

Beastie Boys

Jay-Z

Salt N Pepa

Grandmaster Flash

Dr. Dre

Eminem

LL Cool J

Notorious BIG

Tupac Shakur

Public Enemy

Run-DMC

VH1 LIST...

Anyone Afer JJFP you think don't deserve it!?

After reading stuff like "FP isn't one of the top 10 emcees...Rock The House isn't a Hip-Hop classic...and LL doesn't belong in the top 10. I just can't take 2 many people in here seriously.

news flash man. fresh prince is not a top ten emcee. top 20 no doubt. but not top ten. mtv's list is missing common, talib kweli & black thought. who i think should be in there. and it's more than ten even if you take out eminem & biggy.

who are your top ten emcees then ?

I don't think Talib Kewli is a top 10 emcee. Personally met the dude... wasn't impressed. Common.... maybe... but he doesn't have the longevity that many of the other emcees have. You also have to take into account an emcee's ability to entertain, and while Common and Talib are great emcees, I can see myself falling asleep at one of their shows...

Edited by MaxFly

I think that the VH1 list is very more on point than this MTV list, they actually do a better job covering hip-hop and of course there's some flaws with that list too no doubt though, you could move some way down the list like Nelly, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Jay-Z, DMX, and Puffy, then move JJFP up to about the top 20 or top 15 at the very least, I have no problem with that if they list the other legends that deserve due, as long as they get a mention at least, I mean it should be mandatory to mention JJFP on every list just like it is to mention Pac on every list, there's no perfect top 10 list that's definitive but I'm just saying that there shouldn't be an all time hip-hop list that don't have JJFP on it for all they've done and continue to do for hip-hop, not many work harder and stronger than them, btw you could say MC Hammer's the opposite of Common/Talib Kweli, he's not that strong of a lyricist but he probably could outperform everybody on stage, today's mcs might have more complex lyrics than those 15-20 years ago but they can't perform like those 15-20 years ago did, it's hard to compare Run-Dmc to Dipset, different styles/ different eras, but JJFP have been complete artists and that seperates them from the others, Fresh Prince's lyrics have been strong in every era too with Jazzy backing him on the boards and their performances are the best, that's what makes them all-time greats 'cause they're basically the best in all times, but I think 'cause they don't have a hardcore image people tend to sleep on that but their peers respect them though, ol' school rappers never would say anything to put them down and their might be a few ignorant young rappers like Bow Wow that might consider them soft but there's also some contemporaries like Nelly and TI that respect them at the same time...

Edited by bigted

Well that's the thing, we all have opinions. This list is the opinion of MTVs staff of hip hop analysts. It's not "THIS IS OUR LIST SO ITS TRUE!", it's "this is what we think"..

Don't take them so seriously...