JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP fans Feeling any Pain?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send an email to MTV like I did if you're upset that they don't mention Will and need to get it off your chest :stickpoke: Like I said earlier the reason why I think people sleep on Fresh Prince as an mc is 'cause he ain't 'hood like 99% of the rappers they mention: "Even though the fans went out and bought enough/I guess they think Will ain't hard enough/Maybe I should just have a shootout..." Also I think it's 'cause Fresh Prince never really battled any famous mcs, the reason why LL gets mentioned is 'cause he destroyed Canibus and Kool Moe Dee, if it wasn't for that they'd sleep on LL too, maybe if Fresh Prince destroyed Eminem in 2000 maybe when he was called out people'd have a change of heart but my god though how many gangsta rappers have 4/5(maybe even 6 if I throw "Homebase" in discussion?) classic albums in their catalogs spanning 20 years? Maybe Ice Cube if you count NWA's early stuff and they mention him no doubt, LL ain't a gangsta rapper but we all know that LL has quite a bit of classics himself too but like I said earlier if he didn't respond to Kool Moe Dee or Canibus who knows if he'd even be mentioned, he'd be slept on like Will.... Obviously those who can't recognise that are 12 year olds who watch MTV, Fresh Prince got more classics than Em got albums, there should be no debate that he's top 10, most from his era don't even make albums now but he's probably one of the best today and he was one of the best then, Will coulda stopped when he won the first rap grammy and have his legacy set with 2 classic albums and going into acting full time but he just kept going strong:

"Rock The House"

"He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper"

"Code Red"

"Big Willie Style"(maybe not 'cause of weak production on some traxs)

"Willenium"

"Lost and Found"(same as "Big Willie Style")

Edited by bigted

When I sent my message to MTV, I dropped a rhyme in it about Will, lol: "Sure you say he could rock the big screen with Jamie, Martin, and Denzel/But he's also a top mc like Jay-Z, Nas, and Uncle L", I really hope they post that one :wiggle: Btw, out of all the rappers that they listed in the top 10 you say LL, shouldn't be there?!! Come on now, lol

Edited by bigted