Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MTV's Top 10 MC's Of All-Time

bigted

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

they werent releasin any thing at the time imma leave it like that oh and Eminem has sold the most records over seas than any other rapper i believe like 10 million but i aint gonna argue over ur ignorant remarks cuz i would of explained more but i have typed everything from March on my PSP

Tzhe Beastie Boys do whatever they want, whenever they want. And they allways do it with succes. I believe Licensed To Ill sold about 11 mil allready. The Beastie Boys are the reason that white MC`s are excepted, not Eminem!! Thats like saying 50 Cent is the reason Gangsta Rap is big and not Dr. Dre..

Last in year in an interview Chuck D called Vanilla Ice the Jackie Robinson of rap 'cause he was the first white rapper to sell 10 million and he received a lot of criticism for not being black enough just like Jackie received criticism for being the only black baseball player where there was only white baseball players on top, Vanilla Ice opened the doors for Eminem, Bubba Sparxx, and Kid Rock and it's true, Beastie Boys were the first white group to blow up but Vanilla Ice was the first white solo rapper to get big, you could say Beastie Boys opened doors for other groups like Limp Biskit though I guess, bottomline is that Eminem didn't open doors for anybody, they were already opened when he came in and if he came out 15 years ago, he'd probably receive the same amount of criticism that Vanilla Ice did and probably fold under pressure like he did and have a short time on top, Eminem benefits from a weak era of rappers right now, he wouldn't be in the game for more than 5 years if he came out in the golden era, and selling 10 million in that time is like selling 30 million now, it was a rare thing then, and if Vanilla Ice came out now he probably would be in the game longer himself, his latest albums are better than Eminem's "Encore" in fact probably, lol

Edited by bigted

Well in reality Eminem's more pop than Vanilla Ice is now, Vanilla makes more street music and works with credible mcs like Chuck D while Eminem's dancing in videos with 50 Cent, lol, if Eminem released "Encore" 15 years ago he'd get bashed just like Vanilla Ice did....

Edited by bigted

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

ok look Ice made ice ice baby it was him stealin the beat tgjat ruined not cuz of his color oh and stop livin the past i never said he opened doors see this y i dont like this site as much anymore cuz if u dont agree they get on u faster than syrup on pancakes GET IN UR HEAD EVERYONE LIKES DIFFERENT THINGS AND BELIFS AND THAT SOMETHIN U CANT CHANGE SO THINK OF THAT

Edited by VAsFinestRenagade

Well I personally don't like Eminem or Vanilla Ice that much, they both have their flaws, Eminem was strong earlier in his career 'cause he learned from Vanilla Ice's mistakes he made early in his career but now Vanilla Ice is stronger than he was when he was famous earlier in his career but he ain't on a top label to promote himself so the general public assumes that he's still wack as he was 15 years ago, but I think the most consistant white rap artist besides Beastie Boys who've been in the game for almost 20 years with a solid catalog is Aesop Rock, he's the Jay-Z of the underground rap game for the last 10 years, they don't give credit to much underground though in the media, Masta Ace is the LL Cool J of the underground, underground king in the game for 20 years now, y'all should check out those 2 mcs Aesop Rock and Masta Ace, they're on the same level as Jay-Z and LL Cool J to me, btw I could care less who you like but don't expect me to have the same opinion as you and anyway all I was stating is that Eminem's not a pioneer and it's true, I mean come on now rap didn't start in 1999, lol...

Edited by bigted

Guest Guest

What, Eminem's only been in the game since 98/99? Way to early for anyone to nominate him, especially when he's showing obvious signs of falling off. Talib and Mos Def haven't been in the game for all that long yet either, plus they've both been falling off quite hard lately (Mos musically at least). Talib only seems to shine on other people's albums of late. Of course MTV had to include Jay-Z and Eminem on their list, those two been carrying their station since 2000 basically. So does that automatically make them all-time royalty accepted by everyone? Hell, Public Enemy carried MTV (Yo Mtv Raps) late 80s/early 90s, but they showed no love at all for Chuck D. Him not even getting an honorable mention, and JayZ at #1 almost make this list a laughingstock. :stickpoke:

What, Eminem's only been in the game since 98/99? Way to early for anyone to nominate him, especially when he's showing obvious signs of falling off. Talib and Mos Def haven't been in the game for all that long yet either, plus they've both been falling off quite hard lately (Mos musically at least). Talib only seems to shine on other people's albums of late. Of course MTV had to include Jay-Z and Eminem on their list, those two been carrying their station since 2000 basically. So does that automatically make them all-time royalty accepted by everyone? Hell, Public Enemy carried MTV (Yo Mtv Raps) late 80s/early 90s, but they showed no love at all for Chuck D. Him not even getting an honorable mention, and JayZ at #1 almost make this list a laughingstock. :stickpoke:

sorry this was my post :sipread:

:word: I think the originators of hip-hop deserve the most credit 'cause basically all the mcs out today took their styles from them, let's be real, Eminem was studying Slick Rick and JJFP, Jay-Z was studying Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane while JJFP, Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, and Big Daddy Kane birthed their own styles basically and Eminem and Jay were kinda older when they came in the game while JJFP, Slick Rick and them were barely 20 when they came in the game, Eminem wouldn't be able to make an album on the level of "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" album at 20 years old, that'd be like if I came out and sold 10 million with one album, I don't wanna be ranked above all those that influenced me all of a sudden...

Edited by bigted

i think talib and mos def are great, but your right that they havent been in the game for a while. mos defs last album is the definition of hate it or love it. i think common could have been on that list cause hes been around a long time. and maybe black thought cauld be on the top 15.

I definitely think that FP should be in the top 10, I agree with what Ted was saying about the pioneers of hip-hop. Everyone based what they do off of them, so it is kinda hard to compare.