JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Busta's 'Bang' To Explode In May

bigted

Busta's 'Bang' To Explode In May

April 05, 2006, 4:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Originally expected this week, Busta Rhymes' new album, "The Big Bang," will arrive May 16 via Aftermath/Interscope. The single "Touch It" got as high as No. 8 earlier this year on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart; a new single, "I Love My B****" featuring will.i.am and Kelis will be delivered later this month to U.S. radio outlets.

Although the full track list is still being nailed down, "The Big Bang" is tipped to feature high-profile guest appearances from Mary J. Blige, Missy Elliott, DMX, Stevie Wonder, Ludacris and Lloyd Banks. Production was supplied by Aftermath head honcho Dr. Dre, Swizz Beats and will.i.am.

Rhymes has kept a low profile since the Feb. 5 shooting death of his bodyguard, Israel Ramirez, during the video shoot for "Touch It (Remix)" in Brooklyn, N.Y. To date, Rhymes has not cooperated with the police investigation into the incident.

"The Big Bang" is the follow-up to Rhymes' 2002 J swan song, "It Ain't Safe No More." That album debuted at No. 43 on The Billboard 200 and has sold more than 668,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan

I gotta say that Busta's recent decisions have really disappointed me. And his last 3 albums, while still good, don't hold my interest the way his 1st 3 did. I'll most likely still pick this up opening week. He definitly represents a side of Hip-Hop that needs 2 be put out there.

I have mixed feelings about how this album's gonna turn out on Aftermath but he's better than 98% of the industry so I'll definately be checking it out, I hope this turns out into something I'll be banging in my ride all summer, lol, and hopefully he'll stay out of trouble off the mic and people talk about his music over the next couple months 'cause the way he handled the bodyguard incident and now pours a champange bottle on Dave Mays, it makes him look like Aftermath's trying to promote his image to be negative like all their other rappers on there, he needs to role with more positve cats like Chuck D, LL, and Will so that he keeps his head in the right state

Edited by bigted

I realy, realy dont feel Touch It. just remix was allright for me, but also only caus of DMX`s part.

Alos Bustas style was allways a bit crazy for me, never really liked his voice. Still I like allot of his stuff. I dont know how this gonna turn out, I hope good. Caus on human level I lost respect for him..

I'll defintely pick up this album, along with LL's, the two of them are part of the dwindling list of good MC's left today.

Yeah I like the remix for "Touch It" much better than the original, it'd been even more complete if Will was on it though, I could picture him rippin' that track to shreads

Edited by bigted

Yeah I like the remix for "Touch It" much better than the original, it'd been even more complete if Will was on it though, I could picture him rippin' that track to shreads

:word:

That would be so dope!