JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was Willenium meant to be a JJ/FP Album or Solo Record?

If it was meant to be a JJ/FP Album>>>Their previous work

And i'll be special ordering these rate em 1/10

Willenium,Born To Reighn,Lost+Found,Music(Eric Sermon),Loyal 2 The Game(2Pac)<-- I HATE HOW 2PAC SHOUTS G-UNIT,SHADY,AFTERMATH ALL OVER THE CD...

no it was meant to be a Will Smith album hence it says Will Smith. there hasn't been a JJFP album since '93. it's a lot like a JJFP album since Jeff is all over it, but he isn't over every single track so technically it's not, but it's dope so i'd definitely recommend getting it.

here's my ratings

Willennium 5/5 - probably the best WS cd

Born 2 Reign - 2.5/5 - probably the worst WS cd

Lost & Found - 4.5/5 - needs more JJ. still a dope album

Eric Sermon - dont have it

Loyal To The Game - 2/5. there's like 4 good tracks on it, all the others are messed up my stupid collabos or wack beats and altered vocals. the good tracks on it are 2Pac caliber work, but the rest is just wack.

Jazzy Jeff didn't produce every track on "Homebase" and "Code Red" either but they're still considered JJFP albums, "Willenium" is definately a classic JJFP album in my book, I think it was just Sony that wanted it to be called a "Will Smith" album since they wanted to taint his image, I bet if it was called an official JJFP album I bet it'd even sold more among rap heads than it did

i kinda doubt that Ted. i think JJ has wanted to keep a low profile and let Will keep his name. it would be wierd if Will released only one album under Will Smith and then went back to JJFP. i'm pretty sure that it wasn't intended to be a JJFP album and that Sony interfered, but you'll have to ask Tim or AJ on that one cuz they were big fans back in that time.

When FP did Willennium. He actually took a break and chilled in Philly for much of the album's production. I think that Willennium waz his way of saying "Hey, i did big things with BWS...so i'm gonna take things home"...which is also why it's very much a JJ+FP album. It wazn't a JJ+FP album, but it waz a JJ+FP project. I view it as a JJ+FP album, but that wasn't FP's intention. I have a feeling a JJ+FP album would be different from Willennium.

WILLENNIUM 5/5

BORN TO REIGN 3.5/5

LOST + FOUND 4/5

ERICK SERMON - MUSIC (i don't have his last 2 albums...but he always makes good albums)

2PAC - LOYAL 2 THE GAME 2.5/5 (Eminem ruined this album disappointing thousands of fans...the lyrics are dope, it's just the production that sucks for more than half of it...not counting the bonus trax/remixes)

I think sales would have been similar. Everyone who bought it would have bought it anyway cos they know Will Smith is The Fresh Prince. He was big enough to know by face value and it would have sold anyway.

It says Pproduced by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince". And there inst realy les help involved from Jazzy than on Code Red, so you could call it a JJFP Album. But it aint one, caus than it would be on the cover. But since it says its jus produced by them it was probably ment to be like for example the Wutang Clan does allot. Like, "The Wutang Ckan Presents: Method Man-(Album Title)" etc.

no it was meant to be a Will Smith album hence it says Will Smith. there hasn't been a JJFP album since '93. it's a lot like a JJFP album since Jeff is all over it, but he isn't over every single track so technically it's not, but it's dope so i'd definitely recommend getting it.

here's my ratings

Willennium 5/5 - probably the best WS cd

Born 2 Reign - 2.5/5 - probably the worst WS cd

Lost & Found - 4.5/5 - needs more JJ. still a dope album

Eric Sermon - dont have it

Loyal To The Game - 2/5. there's like 4 good tracks on it, all the others are messed up my stupid collabos or wack beats and altered vocals. the good tracks on it are 2Pac caliber work, but the rest is just wack.

you are way too harsh on your judgement of Born 2 Reign..I love that album, hell, the production on it, as well as a lot of the songs, are better constructed than the ones on Lost & Found, and I could break it down even more so if you want.

it seems like Born To Reign is either hit or miss to WS's fans. i think the majority of the people thought it was a miss tho. i respect your opinion, but mine is that Born To Reign was boring and some songs just felt unecessary. i think Lost & Found is levels above it. you don't have to break anything down for me, i know which album i like more already

it seems like Born To Reign is either hit or miss to WS's fans. i think the majority of the people thought it was a miss tho. i respect your opinion, but mine is that Born To Reign was boring and some songs just felt unecessary. i think Lost & Found is levels above it. you don't have to break anything down for me, i know which album i like more already

yeah i liked B2R when I first got it but after a while... it wasn't that good.

in my opinion Willennium is a JJFP album.. IT says executive producers JAZZY JEFF AND FRESH PRINCE.... and don't u forget that jazzyjeff is on each single. Will wanted to release So fresh as second single but columbia refused cuz they wanted to keep the image of will smith as hollywood superstar. BUT I believe that Will wanted a come back of JJ and FRESH PRINCE, I'm sure!!

Guest Guest

By markwinfield1 (the threadstarter)

I just got the albums (tuesday/today) Born To Reign 4/5deserved better some of will's best worked nice soulful,Willenium was good 4/5 i liked it mainly because of the features and because of jazzyjeff's work on the album. Lost and Found(should've been named Lost+Found) was good nice single material had more a Hip Hop feel and more serious subject matter than his last albums 4/5. I couldn't find the erick sermon:music cd i love that marvin gaye sample song:music!