JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada Pinkett in Essence Magazine

I was just watchin some of Insider Edition for some reason. And Will came up about his award won at the Kids Choice Awards. Then they mentioned Jada in "Essence Magazine" on the cover. She is quoted as saying that before she met Will, "I was on drugs, drinking, and sleeping around". She claims Will saved her life. I thought this would a good piece of news to share with everybody.

^not really, she talked about that on Oprah last year, about her problems with alcohol, and the fact that she doesn't drink anymore and hasn't in like nine years, and how she experimented with drugs when she was younger but now won't even take an asprin lol....it was a good show, and I'm def. gonna get the mag, it's great to see her sharing things about herself and not trying to give off this "perfect" persona....shows she human just like anybody else

I never knew any of this abt Jada, all this tyme I've been around as a fan... I'm glad to see jada able to share private matters and stand firm in where she is in life,.. having grown from past ...

Sometymes the media will take situations like this as a 'negative' and run with it... Jada must be well loved with paparazzis in HOllywood, to not have her name bashed with this bit of info, (that could easily be twysted negatively)... and the situation with the 'chik' supposedly shedding light on their affair...

Its good 2 see that Jada's real people... AND drug & alcohol free... :2thumbs:

I do have to indulge in a drink or two at least 2 - 3 tymes a year. hehe. :paperbag:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I didn't know that about Jada either. It's hard 2 see her that way. It just goes 2 show how people are put in other people's lives 2 make this world a better place. It think it's also a good example of how one cuz shed their past mistakes and make themselves new again...and how FP can overlook her past. I had a girlfriend with a yucky past and at times it waz hard 2 get over...but that's cuz it waz still a part of her, which i found out later. Props 2 them both. I might have 2 look this issue up.

it's funny you mention that AJ, she did an interview on ET not too long after her Oprah appearance and she said it's about not being ashamed of your past, but overcoming it, and acknowledging the fact that everybody has "stuff" and as people we aren't perfect...I've read lots of interviews of her's over the years, about how rough she had it sometimes as a kid, and I know people don't like her but I def. have respect for the way she changed and all the positive things she and Will do, and the impact they've had on each other

Thanks for letting us know about this, I'm gonna check out for this interview