JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith on TV tonight

Hey, so Will just got the actor award, which is pretty Damn good since he didn't even do any acting since the last KCA awards haha... shame about 'best singer', but as long as Bow Wow didn't win then it doesn't really matter... good to see Madagascar won also, good for Jada... can't wait to see the speech Max, I wonder if it will be DJ Jonny 5 remix material again? haha :rofl:

We had that Actor vs Rapper debate already...

Everyone here should have known Will can rap...

It's just that his talents in his acting department are Godlike in comparison.

na,it's just that his talents in the acting department are more POPULAR right now. I think it would have been a miracle if Will won the best 'singer' award, I mean he's only released party starter since the last KCA awards and that got no airplay and was pretty much irelevant to kids IMO...

Good for will, it's a nice award, wish he'd won for singer too, but that's a bit

will's fault there.

People who put actor will above rapper will, are completely right,

but not in a way to say will isn't a good rapper as he is an actor,

it's will's own fault, because he simply hasn't really devoted himself

to his rapping career well enough, he drops 1 of the best albums with L&F then makes 1 single and quits basically, we all said here in all of his promoting he did, he always used those old songs, he only performed switch from his new song, he kept doing this with all of his promotings and for me this was the ultimate setback, it's a shame quite honestly.

And then he makes a track party starter and released it in the winter,

sorry but anyone who has such talent for music and can deliver,

and just doesn't devote himself to his ''LOVE'' then he doesn't deserve much of these music awards, I'd love him to get as many as he can because let's face it we love will no matter what, but if we look at it objectively we can see will lacking in this area, simply because he doesn't devote himself to music.

Edited by Typhoon20

Will is in charge of making the music and he did a fantastic job. Interscope were in charge of releasing and promoting him and they did a bad job.

Why would Will spend so much time and devotion to something nobody else but us gives a crap about.

I think interscope did a great job, up until Switch got released. I think then they thought 'Wow, Will's got more fans than we thought, he can ride this out by himself... he'll be fine"... then they dropped the ball. I think if Switch didn't do as amazingly well as it did, Interscope might have pumped some more money into the 2nd single. After Party Starter failed, they just gave up... I would much rather have seen 2 or 3 equally strong and successful tracks then one absolute belter (Swtich) and nothing else...

na,it's just that his talents in the acting department are more POPULAR right now. I think it would have been a miracle if Will won the best 'singer' award

He won the AMA for the best male singer :stickpoke:

na,it's just that his talents in the acting department are more POPULAR right now. I think it would have been a miracle if Will won the best 'singer' award

He won the AMA for the best male singer :stickpoke:

Yeah, but that was a lot closer to the time Party Starter was released and Switch was popular. And also, the AMA take in to account more things than the kid's do... I reckon there's an element of what's 'fresh in their minds' involved, most of them probably didn't even know Will had another single other than Switch...

Anyone Think Bow wow is weak for performing at a Kids show.. even though he is a kid at heart.

He says his music talents has evolved, more mature... I don't think any kid in the audience felt Bow Wows rap performance...

Not to diss the awards, but it is for kids... I think thats the only peformance Bow Wow could get...

Just a side note

If Will Smith performed at any large scale stadium (baseball or football)

it would be a packed house anytime anywhere!