JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince Movie?

Radewart

Maybe an hour specail but not actually on the FPOBA set, maybe them Meeting up in real life and they give there thoughts on who they think has become the most successful (easily Will) and who's changed the most etc...

I dont see dat happenin...the movie im still not sure, wit sum smartness could be good! :stickpoke:

• 2 weeks later...

A few movies based on old tv shows work ("Starsky & Hutch"), a movie based on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" would NEVER work. No what I would like to say to reunion stuff, etc.:

Why not leave things like they are? "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" was a great sitcom which was produced from 1990 to 1996. We have 148 eps. we can watch again, again and again. Sure, it would have been cool to see new episodes, but I think it would only work as real tv series.

Now what I would like to see is a brand new sitcom with Will Smith and, now that "The King of Queens" will finish its production this year, Kevin James which showed that they have a great chemistry in "Hitch".

if Will ain't playing him (and I realize he can't) there's no point in it.

It's like the remake of Back to School coming out. Why would you remake that movie without Rodney? Even though Rodney was a producer on it or something and it was HIS idea, I still think that's a WRONG thing to do.

There's some things you just don't do. Like that sadass version of Brian's Song that came out.

You can't mess with the original.

Well I agree with everyone else here about how there shouldn't be a FPOBA movie, maybe even another reunion episode wouldn't work out, I think they should just leave the classic series the way it is, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it

I agree! An no one could do Fresh Prince the way will did...

That's Just a stupid idea.

• 3 weeks later...

What I would like is an Original Fresh Prince Movie with the old cast from 96 showing then x number of years later... how they've grown, how they've changed, how they relate to eachother, and how they've stayed the same. Even if it's a TV movie special on NBC... make it happen...

yeah or that or nothing

• 2 weeks later...

A Movie about the Fresh Prince without Will playing FP??

STOP that terrible idea immediately.

This can't be serious. That crap would ruin the series. They can't really do this.

There's only one way they could do this: SAME CREW, SAME CAST!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

thats like tryign to remake rocky...why would you do such a horrible thing. most remakes are worse than the original.

theres too many characters to have an effective remake. like you have to think of every character that would be replaced...uncle phil, geoffery, JAZZ. you have to think about this. there are too many cruicial important characters that made the show so great, remaking it with a complete different cast wouldnt make it fresh prince of bell air, it would make it a completye differnt show.

nick cannon would ruin it casue hes horrible (sorry nick cannon fans but thats my opinion), bow wow would ruin it cause its not his style, like stated before, nobody can replace the unqiue chemical bond of the cast.

its to orecent of a show to remake also..most remakes are like 20 years old...this one is 10. the people in the show are still acting in movies, you have to at least be retired to make a remake

last thing why i know this isnt gonna happen

.....look at the date of the first post in this thread