JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WHOA! Did Michael Jackson work on Sonic the Hedgehog 3?

Vipa

Well, in that vidoe, it says Yuji naka (Sonic's creator) asked him to help on the games soundtrack. Because of Legal reasons they decided not to use the songs he did, but out of respect for MJ, Yuji left some of them in there.

Remember when MJ was on the Simpson's too? He used a different name in the credits. Not syaing he used a diff name here, but it's possible he did do some work, that was nebvr used, and elemtns of that found its way into the final score, without any mention (for the same reason they decided not to use his direct songs anyhow).

Well, in that vidoe, it says Yuji naka (Sonic's creator) asked him to help on the games soundtrack. Because of Legal reasons they decided not to use the songs he did, but out of respect for MJ, Yuji left some of them in there.

Remember when MJ was on the Simpson's too? He used a different name in the credits. Not syaing he used a diff name here, but it's possible he did do some work, that was nebvr used, and elemtns of that found its way into the final score, without any mention (for the same reason they decided not to use his direct songs anyhow).

yeah i think elements may have been used like that part from jam, but not much more then that or full songs like stranger in moscow which i don't see the resemblance

I did ssee the resemblance in ice cap zone, and though...

After watching it again, I think he WAS asked by yuji to help, but after he was scrapped, Yuji Naka went to the composers and asked them to implement certain aspects of MJs songs, since he was a fan.

I did ssee the resemblance in ice cap zone, and though...

After watching it again, I think he WAS asked by yuji to help, but after he was scrapped, Yuji Naka went to the composers and asked them to implement certain aspects of MJs songs, since he was a fan.

I think i'll take a second look at this!

i thought it was just an impersonator in the simpsons and it wasnt actually him.

why would mike do this when hes the biggest selling artist of all time? i cant see this being true at all.

I saw this on another forum..might answer the questions. apparently trhese guys helped out in creating the sonic 3 score They also worked with Michael...

* Bobby Brooks - engineer for Michael Jackson. Sequenced synthesizers and drums on Blood on the Dance Floor and mixed HIStory.

* Darryl Ross - vague, ill-defined resume credit: "Darryl Ross is an accomplished producer, musician, songwriter, arranger and vocalist. Artists he worked with are Michael Jackson...".

* Geoff Grace - arranger for Michael Jackson. Credited for arranging the music for Jackson's Dangerous tour.

* Brad Buxer - performed arranging, keyboards, sequencing and more for Blood on the Dance Floor and Invincible.

* Doug Grigsby - unknown credit on HIStory.

so...Yea.

I saw this on another forum..might answer the questions. apparently trhese guys helped out in creating the sonic 3 score They also worked with Michael...

* Bobby Brooks - engineer for Michael Jackson. Sequenced synthesizers and drums on Blood on the Dance Floor and mixed HIStory.

* Darryl Ross - vague, ill-defined resume credit: "Darryl Ross is an accomplished producer, musician, songwriter, arranger and vocalist. Artists he worked with are Michael Jackson...".

* Geoff Grace - arranger for Michael Jackson. Credited for arranging the music for Jackson's Dangerous tour.

* Brad Buxer - performed arranging, keyboards, sequencing and more for Blood on the Dance Floor and Invincible.

* Doug Grigsby - unknown credit on HIStory.

so...Yea.

wow...

i thought it was just an impersonator in the simpsons and it wasnt actually him.

why would mike do this when hes the biggest selling artist of all time? i cant see this being true at all.

Jacko was the the voice in that Simpsons but it was an impersonator doing the singer. This was because of ties with his record label and not wanting him to singon the show. He also used thhe name John Jay Smith as well for it!