JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMX in new song "We in here"

Guest Guest_Mr.2point_*

Guest Guest_Mr.2point_*

In DMX's new song, called "We in here" he raps (I hope it's right, because I don't understand it clearly): how you jack Will Smith for a beef, it's like....

I don't understand the next words...

Is it a diss? I don't think so

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i don't think it's a beef. i just downloaded the song. He says something like: (how you gonna jack will smith for a beef. Its like jacking my from the street). i think he means with it how you gonna mess with will smith it's like you can't mess with him.

I heard that song a couple weeks ago, I believe he was dissin' Rhianna's "Pon De Replay":

"I thought that "Pon De Replay" was hot! Not!

How you gonna jack Will Smith for a beat? It's like how you gonna jack me out the streets? "

• Members

I think it's a reference to how much the Pon De Replay Beat sounds like the Switch beat. For the longest time whenever Rihanna's song would come on the radio, before she'd start singing I always thought it was Switch.

Edited by djgj20

I wasn't really feelin' "Pon De Replay" that much either, I thought it was a carbon copy of "Switch" too, DMX is right...

Well I think reason why he dissed "Pon De Replay" in this song is 'cause he was on Hot 97 last month and said that he was upset that Def Jam decided to release "Pon De Replay" before his single last summer, he said he felt disrespected, I don't think it was Rhianna's fault though so he shouldn't diss her for that 'cause she don't control what to release, he should just take shots at Jay-Z, not at Rhianna, rappers dissin' non rappers is not a good look, damn I wish he was on Interscope and they released 50 Cent before him and see what he'd do then, lol, well that's why DMX is so respected 'cause he ain't afraid to speak his mind and get walked on, but hey I don't like that song much either and I'd personally would rather have heard DMX's new single last summer instead of Rhianna's gimmick song so I could care less, lol, the thing that made "Pon De Replay" look like a gimmick is 'cause it got released it right when "Switch" was topping the charts, obviously it was done to get the "Switch" fans to like that song and buy her album, usually when somebody jacks a beat they don't do it right away but that was obvious the way it was done, there's a lot of beats sounding the same though so it's obvious that the reason why he dissed "Pon De Replay" is not 'cause of just that but 'cause he wanted his single to come out before hers...

Edited by bigted

The whole similarity in the beat is so stupid. Cuz even tho' DMX is targeting Rihanna for her 1st single 4 sounding like "Switch"...that "boom tap boom tap boom tap boom boom tap" style was used in countless danchall/R-N-B trax. It's all just silly 2 me. Rihanna's album is amazing. She's one of the true talents 2 come out in recent years. I guess it's good DMX mentioned FP tho'...in a non-negative way. Just 2 keep his name out there.

i hate pon da replay, the first time i heard it i thought to myself if its the switch beat, and i was damn right. **** such producers and labels who are doing this ****! man i just remember the words Will says before he starts to spit on the title track of L&F...

this industry is messed up!

:word: there's too much biting going on these days, dmx is damn right in that song, i hope he comes back strong with his new album 'cause he's one of the realest in the game, i wouldn't mind if him and will got together and did something either