Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Songs For My iPod

JamesUK

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prince
[quote=Jazzy Julie,Aug 15 2004, 05:00 PM]cool, i might have to get 1, even tho it would take me about 5 hours to work it out. I spose its better than a personal CD player coz they skip when your in the gym and stuff. I wont take it to the toilet with me tho lol  :kekeke: .[/quote]
Yes... Get one if you have a few hundred £ to spare... But remember iPods can skip too as they have a moving hard disk. Only likely to under extreme surcumstances, but that isn't the point... I wouldn't worry though, all goes into buffer memory so very unlikely to skip. The battery life isn't great compared to other things on the market, and it is built in. If you want the battery changed or etc, then you would need to send your iPod away to apple. Oh, and an iPod is quite big also. Probably bigger than your hand.

Still, as you are a scouser I'm sure they will be easy to get a hold of... No matter the cost :kekeke: :sonny: Edited by Prince

Guest Prince
lol I don't have an iPod. An iPod measures 4.1" in height, and 2.4" in length, so now that I think of it, the photo I saw of one must have been an older version. Still, regardless... For my needs, an iPod would be useless judging by the bad battery life. What is the point in spending loads of money for loads of capacity, when you are only realistically going to listen to about 1GB per recharge anyway - and if the battery gives up after about 8hrs (it says 8-12) and you are no-where near a place to recharge it then you are screwed as you can't put in a spare battery. And enlighten me as to where I said that my mp3 player skipped?

Creative's 4GB MuVo2 with long-lasting, rechargable, replacable lithium-ion battery all the way! :thumb:

Guest Prince
[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 15 2004, 06:15 PM]You said Ipod does skip sometimes I said mine never did :P

And were will you go that you will have no recharge place for 8-12 hours?[/quote]
I said an iPod could skip, but very unlikely as it is well built and goes into buffer memory. It could skip if it was given a big impact, or constantly aggressively shaken about for an extensive period of time.

And I go climbing and walking alot here in the Scottish Highlands, so battery life is everything.

Guest Prince
[quote=Jazzy Julie,Aug 15 2004, 06:24 PM]hmm might not be good for the running machine then, i would probably drop it too. I will think about gettin 1, the prices might go down a bit then.[/quote]
Not likely the prices would go down as it's so popular. It wouldn't skip on a running machine... Only on a very strong impact or etc. Think of it this way, my mp3 player hasn't skipped when skiing so I think you would be safe.

And Daedalus, music keeps me going :thumb:

Guest Prince
Very funny. I had replied to your post before you had edited that. And I wouldn't want something like that. My mp3 player is smaller than an iPod, and that battery pack adds extra unnecessary space. And size is everything.

Guest Prince
Firstly, I don't have the money to afford something posh and overpriced such as that. Secondly, I'm not rich, my 4GB mp3 player isn't filled yet. Thirdly, size is everything. I don't want to carry around something bigger than I need to.

Guest Prince
Let JamesUK have his thread back.

Since you say "all types of music"... On my mp3 player I have around 1000 songs, but recently in particular I've been listening alot to the albums Evanescence - "Fallen", and Nightwish - "Once". Both similar types of music, which you may or may not like...