JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How many songs get cut from an Album

I am just asking, how many songs do you think Will has in his back pocket waiting to be released. I am sure he has tons...

Just this Tell Me Why was recored years ago and only released now...

I bet Will could just release an Album with all the extra cutting floor rap songs he has... Overbrook should release them somehow...

Anyone think they could get it done?

By the way... this FORUM has gotten very quiet... We need more people to stir up controversy...!!!

It depends. With Rock The House and He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper...every song on it waz done for the album. Whereas with Lost + Found and Born To Reign, he did at least 40ish some trax 4 the album. Over the years, there have been some JJ+FP trax that didn't get released as well as trax with Warren G, Wyclef, Kwame, and Michael Jackson. It's doubtful that those songs will ever see the light of day. If FP's music career goes Big Willie Style again, u never know if they might one day do a box set or something. He's always writing and recording. It's in his blood. There's probably a huge library of stuff we'll never hear. There is also alternate versions of certains songs that we'll never hear.

Since i don't keep in contact with one of my old sources, i might share a lil' bit of the stuff i was told very soon.

It depends. With Rock The House and He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper...every song on it waz done for the album. Whereas with Lost + Found and Born To Reign, he did at least 40ish some trax 4 the album. Over the years, there have been some JJ+FP trax that didn't get released as well as trax with Warren G, Wyclef, Kwame, and Michael Jackson. It's doubtful that those songs will ever see the light of day. If FP's music career goes Big Willie Style again, u never know if they might one day do a box set or something. He's always writing and recording. It's in his blood. There's probably a huge library of stuff we'll never hear. There is also alternate versions of certains songs that we'll never hear.

But why dont they birng it out? Is there any sencefull reason not to bring out a Song with warren G or Michael Jackson? :stickpoke:

Why can't Will release them tracks himself?

it's not like Will's the only rapper who doesn't release all of his tracks. lots of musicians record 40 tracks for a 15 track album and they dont release a lot of them either.

the reason why they don't bring it out is because they don't like it. if it didn't make the album cut, Will probably feels it isn't what he's capable of doing and people won't like it.

Yeah everyone records a lot of tracks for their albums that never come out, there's probably 100s of songs that Will recorded in his career that never came out, btw Ne-Yo recorded over 400 songs for his new album :1-eek: Well I imagine the songs that never made "Born To Reign" were better than what was on the final cut, I mean how much worse could they have been, lol?

Edited by bigted

It's not all the label's work. It's a lot of the artist putting out what he or shee feels is their best work. You go in, you record 40-50 tracks. You shrink that down to about 15-20 for the final cut, by listening to them, and choosing the ones you feel are your best/

FP always jokes about the "weak stuff" he makes. While there are trax he don't feel are suitable 2 put out...i think we'd probably like pretty much every single one. His level of quality is so high that even the bad is probably good. It's easily better than the crap G-Unit, Eminem, Ja-Rule, and Lil' Jon see fitable 2 make their album's tracklistings.

• Members

FP always jokes about the "weak stuff" he makes. While there are trax he don't feel are suitable 2 put out...i think we'd probably like pretty much every single one. His level of quality is so high that even the bad is probably good. It's easily better than the crap G-Unit, Eminem, Ja-Rule, and Lil' Jon see fitable 2 make their album's tracklistings.

well said and i agree with u 100%