JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Maybe" Appreciation Thread

Yeah I think Maybe is a pretty good track, not one of my favorites but it is a good track on the album. B2R really isn't as bad as some people here make it out to be, I think there's a lot of good tracks on it, along with a few bad ones but it's not terrible. I agree Maybe is a nice smooth track to listen too, it's a good song.

i'm not saying Born To Reign is a terrible album, but Maybe is definitely one of the worst tracks on it i have to say. we all said will shouldn't try to be a singer and this is one of the tracks that shows why IMO

Exactly Wes. I dont know why FP thinks he can sing. He can't and besides if you sing as a rapper it makes you look weak. Leave the singing to the singers and the rappin to the rappers. FP is a rapper not a singer.

I can't believe after the first track of B2R how much the album fell off. I remember the first listen back in July '02 and I wasn't impressed with it. It picked up with "How Da Beat Goes" and "Block Party" and a little with "Give Me Tonight". However four tracks don't make an album good. Its not what we fans expect to hear from the Fresh Prince.

"Maybe" is probably the weakest track on Born To Reign. And musically, it's the most boring song he's ever done. By no means does this this track support the idea that FP is Born To Reign. However, when it comes 2 lyrics and getting the subject matter across, it's good. I've always appriciated the poetic aspect of the track.

I don't think u think "Maybe" is one of the best trax...i just think that u thought it waz so bad b4, that when u gave it another listen, u realized it wazn't so bad...making it seem better than it is...ha ha.

• 10 months later...

Im sorry to bring up old posts again, its just that this is an amazing song and i wanted to show my appreciation to it. First of all I simply loved the way Will was talking on the song and as he was talking, he narrated the things he loved about Jada and the way he loves her. I dedicated this song to my girlfriend and she just couldnt resist. Its so amazingly smooth and sweet and it has the tone and the flow of one of the best Will Smith romantic songs, If not the best. Maybe the people who dont like it havent see it from this point of view, or Maybe its just that they dont like this type of songs, or maybe is the lilltle things he do, or Maybe is just you.. Lol. If you hear this song carefully you can sense that thats the real Will Talking, he expresses hes tenderness and even a lil bit of jealousy, he smiles, he even talk a lil bit about their story toguether. Maybe has got to be one of the most understimated songs of Will and MAYBE one of the ones with bigger potential to attract different kind of fans to his music. Its another clear sign of the diversity of his creativeness and the romantic side he doesnt show in his big hits. Im done now, what do you think?

"Maybe" isn't Will's worse song, and neither is "Willow Is a Player" I have friends who have that one album from Will and love all the songs, each song appeals to a person in a different way, personally my fav. track on B2R is B2R and Maybe.

Today I played my copy of Born To Reign. And than "Maybe" came.. And for the like first time I really realised how amazing this track is. Is so smooth and Tra Knox bring in like those hart melting vocals. Will kicks those lyrics in such a smooth way, but stil right on point. The beat is also very nice in my opinion.

Its really like that type of smoothnes only a guy can spit that gets 20 mil a movie,lol jk.

Anyway, I love this track. What about you guys?

I love it and STILL don't understand why so many people don't even like the B2R album a bit!

I can't and won't ever understand it but I love the album like I do with every of Will's albums!