JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Wise Idea

MissAshley

since you guys gave me such great feedback on my last piece, I decided to share another from the same project, this piece I love b/c of my rhyme scheme, and the fact that I wrote it on auto-pilot, while actually trying to do a free write (just writing non-stop for a certain amount of time)...anyway more feedback would be much appreciated guys, as i'm trying to write something new lol

Wise Idea

While I was minding my own business the other day, an idea ran by and shot me in the brain

And it shook me to the depths of my soul because I had no idea from which way it came

On the inside my fear left me vulnerable like an open target in direct range

And though my heart stood in the middle of a deadly storm, I did not wish the climate to change

For I believe a life without fear is total chaos and depravity

And a selfish human kind, is no kind of true humanity

There is no great talent without dilapidated honesty

And when people don't lie, it really truly doesn't bother me

I'd much rather you hurt my feelings, than keep your truths to yourself....

Because being a writer with no outlet is not good for my mental health

So I took that idea in the form of a bullet and prepared myself for round two....

Then loaded it into the barrel of the gun and smiled in satisfaction as it went through

But then I was conflicted on where to aim it

And temptation became impatient, and there was no way for me to tame it

So I pointed it towards the sky to let that oppressed bullet escape

But instead it boomeranged and came back to me in the form of something great

A whisper in the wind that lead me to use my talents to the fullest

And I can't tell you how greatful I am, for my encounter with that wise little bullet

ash

*if you're confused by the imagery in this piece,as I just realized some people may be, just know that i'm not a violent person lol. The "bullet" and the "gun" are just metaphors for "idea" and "creativity"..this piece is about being inspired and using the product of that, to inspire something creative in someone else :1-smile:

Yeah great rhyming scheme there Miss Ashley I can see y u love this piece. Its just great Miss Ashley :2thumbs: :yeah:

"For I believe a life without fear is total chaos and depravity" - That is true and a line like this stands in the annuals of time.

Seems like a common comparison, but I don't think people understand why it is. A negative for positive.

"dilapidated" - One word I have to look up.

"Because being a writer with no outlet is not good for my mental health" - Extremely true for me. I have had crazy urges to write lately and can't do it, cuz it's so much pressure on what to say 1st.

Wise Idea? Rightfully so, it is. Very cool poem.

thnx guys, I def. know how you feel, I have lots of stuff I wanna get down on paper and for some reason it's just not happening, so i've been going thru old stuff looking for an outlet...i'm gonna keep trying though, until I get a good result