JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What's With This?

Trey

at the moment no as wills overbrook company is very small compared to interscope and is only a subsidary of it i think so interscope has the final say over what tracks should be released as singles and such, although i think will uses overbrook more for movies than music...i think, someone correct me if im wrong

They could....

The thing with Interscope is, It's not just them. The artist has to be free to promote, to shoot the video, to do appearances. Will was a little busy with movies and what not (Which explains the 6 month gap between single)..

at this point, the album came out a year ago, and Interscope sees no reason to push out another single for sales. If another one wants to go out, it'd have to be Will persuading The company to drop him the bills to do it. They make videos, to promote, and sell records. They pull in profit over that. Really nothing more. It's a business.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I gotta ask all ya a big question:

First everyone here and there said 'Oh Will is going with Interscope now, nomore Sony, nomore Columbia and all that ****, he going on with Interscope, now he will do what he like 2 do, he will release whateva he wants to and so on... but what happened? NOTHING! Same **** like Columbia, maybe 5 % better but nothing more than that! I need an explanation 4 this, please! :ohdear:

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E

There's no perfect label out there, it's the industry on a whole that sucks, I think the real artists need to put their money together and form their own label

Guys, I gotta ask all ya a big question:

First everyone here and there said 'Oh Will is going with Interscope now, nomore Sony, nomore Columbia and all that ****, he going on with Interscope, now he will do what he like 2 do, he will release whateva he wants to and so on... but what happened? NOTHING! Same **** like Columbia, maybe 5 % better but nothing more than that! I need an explanation 4 this, please! :ohdear:

pretty much all the big record companies are the same way, so there's no solution. the only way that Will would be able to release anything he wanted would be to go on a small independent label, but if he did that, he'd get very little promotion because they dont have the budget for that.

the music industry is dead.. be thankful Will got a gold album outta lost and found

Exactly man, hey it actually shipped platinum though, a lot of real mcs can't even go platinum once in this shady industry that promotes wackness, but it's a damn shame "Tell Me Why" never came out though, even if it didn't help sales much I wanted to see the "Tell Me Why" video shot, it'd been truely a work of art, I think Will should make a video for it still and put it on DVD for us real fans to see

Edited by bigted

the music industry is dead.. be thankful Will got a gold album outta lost and found

Exactly man, hey it actually shipped platinum though, a lot of real mcs can't even go platinum once in this shady industry that promotes wackness, but it's a damn shame "Tell Me Why" never came out though, even if it didn't help sales much I wanted to see the "Tell Me Why" video shot, it'd been truely a work of art, I think Will should make a video for it still and put it on DVD for us real fans to see

That would be dope but I want the people outthere 2 hear this, mostly the haters of Will, they should see what Will is all about and what great songs he can do! And Tell Me Why is perfect 2 show that!

well no matter will does he's always gonna have some people hating on him, there's not an artist out there that everybody in the world loves, even the king of pop michael jackson gets hated on(mostly for his non-music related things but there's people out there that don't like his music either)